What have you had for lunch lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
View attachment 49272

YUM!
My twist:
2 Sweet Italian Sausages (the ones from Costco)
2 cans of Cannellini Beans, drained and only partially rinsed, just to get that "slime" off them ;)
1/2 & 1/2 Water and Chicken Broth (total maybe 2qts.)
frozen Spinach, about a cup
and lastly a piece of Parmesan Cheese Rind that I save in my freezer.
I smashed half of a can of the Beans in a bowl, added that to the mix and simmered everything for 30 minutes.
The Beans were done perfectly (I was afraid that they'd be too mushy).
I didn't add any Salt, it had enough I thought to my taste anyways.

A driz of Olive Oil and a shack of Parm over the top at service and bob's your uncle

I had a small bowl, ya know, just to taste :yum:
I think it'll be even better tomorrow

I forgot to say that I added 2 minced Garlic cloves just for laughs and giggles. :chef:

I was just think about that, but I'm not sure there'll be any leftover :LOL:
It's only a half recipe, so.
But I do agree with your DH, I think it'll only get better as it sits.

Love Soup Season! :chef:
I usually make the full recipe and we finish the second half later in the week. The one in the freezer was from spring, when I made my last batch for the season. I will definitely be making it again and putting some in the freezer. It's so handy to have a whole meal in a soup, that I can pull out of the freezer.

I usually make the full recipe and we finish the second half later in the week. The one in the freezer was from spring, when I made my last batch for the season. I will definitely be making it again and putting some in the freezer. It's so handy to have a whole meal in a soup, that I can pull out of the freezer.

I'm so with you on that! Soups, stews, pot roast and casseroles (usually pasta) are just so wonderful to have on hand with little to no work to be done!

+2 !!!

I just went freezer diving and came up with only ONE more soup "packette" (it's Beth's New Mexico-Style Chicken & Green Chile Stew)
and a 2 serving pouch of Hawaii-style Beef Stew, that's it!

I've gotta get crackin' !!! :chef:

I have a prize winning white chili recipe, if your interested. However, you'd have to do the math to make smaller batches, as it was created for a chili cook-off, and makes 3 gallons of chili (perfect for a pot luck, or large get-together, or chili cook-off).

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

I have a prize winning white chili recipe, if your interested. However, you'd have to do the math to make smaller batches, as it was created for a chili cook-off, and makes 3 gallons of chili (perfect for a pot luck, or large get-together, or chili cook-off).

I would love to try your recipe! I make a Black & White Chili (Chicken and black beans), but a prize winning recipe sounds very interesting!

Thank you Chief & Taxlady!
smileys-cooking-658147.gif

Sometimes, easy tastes amazing. Brunch today - two slices bread, spread with Hellman's Mayo, seasoned heavily with pepper, and powdered thyme. Put good, leftover roast chicken (still juicy and tender). It tasted great with a bit of juice to drink. I added enough chicken to balance the flavors.

My wife used to make what she called a cram sandwich - a slice of bread, a slice or two of bologna, fold in half, eat. I gotta have a little mayo on the bread.:yum:

Lunch At Home For Me & Mom

I had some fresh Chives in the `fridge that needed to be used up,
so I made Jacques Pépin's Cream Cheese Soufflé and served it with a Salad.
I think I would serve this with a Mixed Spring Green Salad next time.
This Romaine & Three Bean Salad was too over powering to the delicate Soufflé.

IMG_0985.jpg

IMG_0987.jpg

Mom gave this lunch a huge thumbs up and a "please make this again". :LOL:

I must say, I was a bit skeptical of this recipe,
but who am I to doubt a Master Chef?

I love that soufflé. It's surprisingly good for so few ingredients and how easy it is to make.

+1 !!
I think I'm going to look for the Philadelphia Brand Whipped Cream Cheese with Chives & Onions for our next try.
I only got 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh Chives out of that last bit, needs more to my (and Mom's) taste.
Also, I think it needed a glass of White Wine on the side ;)
Maybe some crusty bread and a pate? MMM!
Mom said that it was the perfect light lunch :clap:

+1 !!
I think I'm going to look for the Philadelphia Brand Whipped Cream Cheese with Chives & Onions for our next try.
I only got 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh Chives out of that last bit, needs more to my (and Mom's) taste.
Also, I think it needed a glass of White Wine on the side ;)
Maybe some crusty bread and a pate? MMM!
Mom said that it was the perfect light lunch :clap:

What kinds of pate do you like?

Chief, I have a recipe from some Time/Life cookbook and it's made with Chicken Livers, I haven't made it in years... only my Father (who passed away 30+ years ago) liked Pate...

FOUND IT!!!

Terrine Maison from Foods of the World, Time-Life Books.
I need to transpose this recipe to my CMT account before I lose it forever!

FOUND IT!!!

Terrine Maison from Foods of the World, Time-Life Books.
I need to transpose this recipe to my CMT account before I lose it forever!

I've posted this chicken liver pate before. It's easy, silky smooth. and really tastes great. It's another version you might enjoy.

Chief's Chicken Liver Pate

Chicken Liver Pate’
This batch of pate’ came out so creamy and smooth, with very good flavor. I took it to a friend's house who loves pate’. She said it was the best she’d had. I made about a quart of the pate’. She ate half of it last night, and kept the other half for today.

I thought it came out great, and helped her eat it for a New Year’s snack. Her husband and my wife enjoyed Naniemo Bars and other sweet things. I ate pate’ and cheese. Here’s the recipe.
Ingredients:
1 ½ lb chicken livers
2 sticks butter
1 tbs. Morten’s Quick Cure
1 tsp. sugar
¼ tsp. garlic powder
1 onion, diced
1/8 tsp. powdered ginger
1/4 tsp. white pepper
¼ tsp. Sage
2 cups water

Place the water into a sauce pan along with the Quick Cure and bring to a boil. Add the chicken livers and onions, and cook until the livers are just barely done. Over cooking will make them mealy rather than smooth and creamy.
Drain the pan and place the hot ingredients into your blender with the remaining ingredients. Blend until silky smooth. Pour into a covered container and chill in the fridge for two hours.

I've also made this with pork liver. It came out tasty as well. I would imagine that turkey, goose, or duck liver would be great too. Enjoy.

I've posted this chicken liver pate before. It's easy, silky smooth. and really tastes great. It's another version you might enjoy.

Chief's Chicken Liver Pate

Chicken Liver Pate’
This batch of pate’ came out so creamy and smooth, with very good flavor. I took it to a friend's house who loves pate’. She said it was the best she’d had. I made about a quart of the pate’. She ate half of it last night, and kept the other half for today.

I thought it came out great, and helped her eat it for a New Year’s snack. Her husband and my wife enjoyed Naniemo Bars and other sweet things. I ate pate’ and cheese. Here’s the recipe.
Ingredients:
1 ½ lb chicken livers
2 sticks butter
1 tbs. Morten’s Quick Cure
1 tsp. sugar
¼ tsp. garlic powder
1 onion, diced
1/8 tsp. powdered ginger
1/4 tsp. white pepper
¼ tsp. Sage
2 cups water

Place the water into a sauce pan along with the Quick Cure and bring to a boil. Add the chicken livers and onions, and cook until the livers are just barely done. Over cooking will make them mealy rather than smooth and creamy.
Drain the pan and place the hot ingredients into your blender with the remaining ingredients. Blend until silky smooth. Pour into a covered container and chill in the fridge for two hours.

I've also made this with pork liver. It came out tasty as well. I would imagine that turkey, goose, or duck liver would be great too. Enjoy.

YUM!
Mahalo, thanks Chief!

Back
Top Bottom