"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Click Here to Login

Old 11-26-2021, 05:32 PM   #2521
Chef Extraordinaire

After Thanksgiving dinner I didn't think I would ever eat again, but around 2pm, I wasn't really hungry but I had a need to eat something, so I made a Titanic salad, without lifeboats.
Old 11-26-2021, 06:11 PM   #2522
Certified Pretend Chef

Saw somewhere that someone had poached eggs over stuffing with gravy for breakfast. Thought I'd try it. I didn't enjoy it as much as I expected to.
Old 12-02-2021, 05:38 PM   #2523
Head Chef

I made hot dogs for lunch! No big deal, I know...but I made them on the new Blackstone E Griddle (electric). I'm kind of found of Dodger Dog style, grilled hot dogs. I used half the griddle for the wieners and half for toasting the buns. It worked out well. I can see using this to make hot dogs at a campout, easily.

So, baby steps! As usual, the instructions are written for a 5-year-old...and I'm long past that age, so it takes me a bit to figure out what they are saying...or showing pictures of, if you know what I mean? Turning it off is the trickiest part. There's a button within the knob, and you have to push in the button and turn it without turning the knob in order to turn it off. To top it off, the griddle likes to make little bell noises to mark an event. Turning on, getting to temp, turning off...so, 6 bells for 2 hot dogs. My youngest Corgi does not like new anything, especially noises. She still runs to daddy's lap when I turn the new Air Fryer on. Sigh. Maybe I need to get her some ear plugs?
Old 12-02-2021, 06:22 PM   #2524
Certified/Certifiable

I took a square of leftover enchilada pie, added 4 tbs. leftover chili, heated in the microwave, took my phosphate binders, and enjoyed a spicy, flavorful lunch. The corn tortilla, black beans, and antelope really added great flavor when put together.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- https://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 03:24 PM   #2525
Head Chef

I'm practicing...hoping to come up with a wreath for Christmas...this is today's lunch. I would use more basil for Christmas, but I think it would be cute for brunch or appetizer?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5896 (2).jpg
Views:	13
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	50213

Tags
lunch