What have you had for lunch lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would have enjoyed having someone to have the giggles with!:LOL:

I would have been hysterical. Maybe even out of control. One time I was on a bus with a friend in Hawaii. I told her about how Son #2 was born. I was cooking the Christmas dinner and he decided it was time to arrive. I had a houseful of company. I just made it to the bed off the kitchen and my sister delivered him. So my girlfriend said, "Put another plate on the table. One more for dinner." I was laughing so hard and could not stop. The bus driver ask us to get off the bus and catch the next one. :ohmy:

I would have been hysterical. Maybe even out of control. One time I was on a bus with a friend in Hawaii. I told her about how Son #2 was born. I was cooking the Christmas dinner and he decided it was time to arrive. I had a houseful of company. I just made it to the bed off the kitchen and my sister delivered him. So my girlfriend said, "Put another plate on the table. One more for dinner." I was laughing so hard and could not stop. The bus driver ask us to get off the bus and catch the next one. :ohmy:

Funny!!! I was the only one to be sedated when my nephew was born...and he was given the car he was born in by my grandmother...:LOL:

I am easily out of control...we would be a terror together!

Funny!!! I was the only one to be sedated when my nephew was born...and he was given the car he was born in by my grandmother...:LOL:

I am easily out of control...we would be a terror together!

One of my dinner guests passed out when he saw the baby wrapped up in newspaper. He didn't believe I had just given birth. :ohmy:

I was going to post about sushi being my lunch today but the thread has taken an odd turn...I don't think I quite know what to post now.

I was going to post about sushi being my lunch today but the thread has taken an odd turn...I don't think I quite know what to post now.

You are right. And I apologize. I must learn to practice self control. :yum:

I had an Asian influenced salad at a local restaurant. The gal who made the dressing wanted input. I said it was reallly good (it was). When she left I mentioned to hubby that if I made it I'd put in a little squirt of lime juice. He said to tell her. When someone at a restaurant asks this, are they serious about wanting your input? Anyway, I went ahead and mentioned that's the only thing I'd change. It was a cilantro dressing, and some of the ingredients were sweet (the nuts were candied and there were mandarin oranges). I guess they were serious about wanting input because they were raiding the bar for a lime when we moved on.

This thread hasn't been updated for awhile.

I had a spinach salad with shrimp, olives, tomatoes, and cukes. Topped it with parmesan and a simple Greek-style vinaigrette.

img_1174966_0_d4f25c360906c60daecc4b45d1f201b4.jpg

Addie, why can't you eat salads?

I had half my stomach and a small piece of my intestinal track removed back in the late 70,s due to ulcers eating my ulcers. As a result I can't digest raw roughage. It just sits in my stomach and goes putrid and makes me very, very sick. Everything I eat has to be cooked. Due to the surgery, they also severed the nerve that creates acid and the one that tells me I am hungry. I never get hunger pangs. :ermm:

Last edited:
Oh yum, Steve!

Geez, Addie, that's a shame.

We had BLTs with homegrown tomatoes and low sodium bacon.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom