What have you had for lunch lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sounds yummy Kylie :) I'm busy eating something naughty lol! Fresh warm sandwich with crisps and butter :) At least it's low GI bread with baked veggie crisps but real butter!

We had BLTs with the last of the homegrown tomatoes :( Subbed freezer pickles for the L.

We had egg and lettuce sandwiches

Egg and lettuce? That's a combo I've never tried, I'm gonna have to try it.
Do you fry, scramble or poach the egg?

I just had some of the courgettes and carrots out of the stew with some gravy and samp :yum: Hubby's fast asleep so I nicked a taster.
Finally found a way that carrots are edible :LOL:

I just had some of the courgettes and carrots out of the stew with some gravy and samp :yum: Hubby's fast asleep so I nicked a taster.
Finally found a way that carrots are edible :LOL:

I don't know how they have egg and lettuce, but we have it as egg salad. Mashed hard boiled eggs with mayo and seasoning on lettuce with bread of choice. :angel:

I don't know how they have egg and lettuce, but we have it as egg salad. Mashed hard boiled eggs with mayo and seasoning on lettuce with bread of choice. :angel:

Oh! Funeral sandwiches :LOL:My siblings and I have called them that since childhood, every wake you go to in SA someone brings egg salad sandwiches :angel: People use the lettuce to decorate the sandwich plate with .

Last edited:
Oh! Funeral sandwiches :LOL:My siblings and I have called them that since childhood, every wake you go to in SA someone brings egg salad sandwiches :angel: People use the lettuce to decorate the sandwich plate with .

And we have Funeral Chicken. A bottle of Thousand Island Dressing mixed with a can of Cranberry Sauce. Mix well, bake chicken in 350ºF. until done. The first time I saw the recipe, I thought it was gross. Then I tasted it and was surprised to find it tasted very good. :angel:

And we have Funeral Chicken. A bottle of Thousand Island Dressing mixed with a can of Cranberry Sauce. Mix well, bake chicken in 350ºF. until done. The first time I saw the recipe, I thought it was gross. Then I tasted it and was surprised to find it tasted very good. :angel:

That sounds gross to me too :LOL: Then again I don't eat chicken or 1000 Island dressing. Love anything cranberry :)

Snip, I boil the egg, then mash it up with some mayonnaise and just spread it on the sandwich and add some lettuce...Steve has it too, but he cuts the boiled egg into slices and lays them on the bread and then has the lettuce, so no mayo :)

Snip, I boil the egg, then mash it up with some mayonnaise and just spread it on the sandwich and add some lettuce...Steve has it too, but he cuts the boiled egg into slices and lays them on the bread and then has the lettuce, so no mayo :)

Thanks Kylie :) I'll try it without the mayo. Not a fan either. I've never thought of having lettuce with egg, I eat sandwiches with egg and tomato or chillies. I like trying new combo's.

A small salad with romaine, craisins, bleu cheese, sweet red apples & grilled chicken breast with ranch & honey mustard dressing with a few croutons & a bottle of water.

Today for lunch we are having crumbed whiting and chips :yum:

Sounds yummy :yum:

I'm sitting here eyeing a banana like it's gonna eat me :LOL: I have some serious banana issues! My dad made me eat them as a child to the point where I'd be sick. Still haven't eaten a raw banana since :( I love fried banana with eggs, bacon, toast and any other form of cooked banana.
I thought I'd give eating a banana as is another go since I haven't tried in over 20 yrs :angel:
I don't think I can do this:wacko:

I just had a slice of rye bread with melted mozzarella and loads of my homemade chilli sauce. Made the sauce with jalapeno's, habanero and cayenne chillies.

Back
Top Bottom