What is/are the food/s that you love

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
I love 5 - year aged, sharp cheddar cheese. I love liverwurst. I love sardines, and canned salmon. I love rutabeggas, sweet potatoes, all kinds of squash, peas, beans, brussle sprouts, carrots, onions, and veggies in all shapes and colors (except egg plant and radishes). I love most spices and herbs.

I detest the flavors of mint, alcoholic beverages, horehound, black licorice, and the texture of ocra. And I'd rather die than take Robitussin (almost).

Allright, so you know the culinary me, in all of my glory, and in my dark side. Now, as the song says, Who are you?

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

I love bacon,beans,potatoes,bread,beef,seafood,duck,apple cider,pork,chicken,turkey,sweet potatoes,and blue cheese.

Pizza, Mashed potatoes and gravy, char-broiled hot dogs, lobster and crab, spaghetti and meatballs, hot roast beef sandwiches (Buffalo style), French onion soup, Ceasar salad, crusty breads, bacon, orange sherbet, rootbeer floats, french vanilla ice cream, ....add hot fudge sauce; BASIL and TOMATO sandwiches, watermelon, chocolate, .....now I am going crazy thinking about this

SierraCook said:
Bangbang said:
Cheescake,Apple Pie,Mincemeat Pie,Pecan Pie,Meat Pies(pasties),and any type of gravy.

Thanks, BB. I just remembered about blackberry and coconut cream pie. Also, Deep Dark Chocolate Cake.

Oh man :!: ........and banana cream....ohhhhhhhhhhh :!:

goodweed, where do you get 5 year aged cheddar? the best i can find is 3 year, imported from canada...(where else?)

Hmmm... let's see
I love clam chowder, New England style
Yorkshire puddings with gravy
The turkey, stuffing, mash, gravy combination
Enchiladas verdes
Tortillas
Hilachas (Guatemalan stew)
Stew, the meat, carrots and potatoes one
Steak, medium done (almost raw actually. You must be able to hear the cow, still going MOOOO when trenching it)
Shepherd's pie
Pasta carbonara
Ceasar's salad with chicken
Pizza
Bananas
Strawberrys
raisins
Ice-cream (Hagen Daas or Ben and Jerry's if possible)
Caramel pop corn
Chocolate cake
Cheese cake
Grape fruit juice
Pink Lemonade
Chocolate Milk shakes
White wine

I'll just quit now :mrgreen:

Ummmmmmmm.....anything basically that involves Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Butter, Garlic and Onions.

I don't have a lot of foods that I detest but here goes:
Liver
Cream Corn
Peas.....except if their cold in a salad
Liverwurst.........ewwwwwwww
Strawberry candies, drinks.........I love fresh or frozen strawberries though.
Nori.........I think thats how its spelt..........its a seaweed. YUCK!

ummm
steak mashed tatoes and gravy
stuffing
chocolate
count chocula
and pepsi !

there's more but these top the list

Food of all types. No seriously/ If I like it them I probably love it. Among the top of my list are sushi, seafood of all types, but especially shellfish, hard and semi hard (or is it semi soft?) cheeses, grilled meats, veggies of all types, soups stews, just about anything. there are only a few things I really don't care for. I would rather never eat again then eat eggs of any sort or any preparation. I don't like soft cheeses like cream cheese or cottage cheese or goat cheese although I am willing to try goat cheese again. I don't like sou cream or yogurt, but I think in certain dishes I would like yogurt. Some of the things Yakuta has posted that have yogurt in them sound very good and I will have to give them a try when I am feeling brave.

I could be typing for three hours and I still wouldn't be done. Here goes...

prime rib with au jus
butter pecan ice cream
orange sherbet
vanilla frozen yogurt
oreo cookies
chocolate chip cookies
kahlua mudslide brownies
fresh peaches
juicy oranges
butternut squash
sushi
szechuan anything
chile peppers (in something)
cucumbers
fresh tomatoes from the vine
beef stew
big pot o' chili
garlic bread
fettucine alfredo
fresh italian/french bread
spaghetti and meataaballs
live main lobster
shrimp scampi
shrimp-wrapped with bacon kebabs
pretzels
pepperidge farm bordeaux cookies
hot chocolate
earl grey tea
bloody mary's
screw drivers
watermelon
lemonade
chicken parmesan
veal parmesan
spumoni
veal scallapini (sp?)
cheese cake
apple pie
homemade brownies on the back of the Hershey can
bananas
italian sausage with peppers and onions
meatball subs with lotso cheese
pizza
bacon
cheesey omelets
.................... I think you get the idea.

Catseye said:
Marzipan. I love marzipan. And pizza. And shrimp.

Really hate buttermilk, spinach, liver and mushrooms.
hey i love marzipan too.Do you make it at home? if you do,can i have the recipe?

pizza,noodles,any rice dish,grilled meats,fried chicken,all veggies,mashed potatoes,garlic bread,shrimp,salmon,finger fish,eggs,lentil soup,chickpeas,meat curries,biryani,milk,cold coffee,orange juice,oranges,peaches,melons,bananas,fresh cherries.....the list is long....
the only things i hate are raw meats or raw seafood ,veal,all internal organs,yuckkkkkk!

I love steak, prime rib, pork chops, boneless skinless chicken breasts, reindeer, wild salmon, halibut, torsk, tuna, shrimp, burgers. Love crisp salads with romaine, raw broccli, carrots, onions, purple and white radishes, croutons, jicama. Roasted delicata squash, acorn squash, potatoes, asparagus (with balsamic), cauliflower. Thinly sliced parsnips tossed with EVOO, s/p and garlic and roasted crispy, green beans garnished with crunchy shallots, roasted corn on the cob, all mushrooms (except red ones and bad-for-your-health ones). I LOVE coffee strong and black and some teas. Do not take prescriptions for manufactured drugs, or OTC drugs, only naturalistic and homeopapthic, herbs. HATE anise and anything that resembles it, do not like pre-cooked canned, boxed and frozen foods; do not like leftovers, do not like calimari, crab, lobster, crawdads, lamb, venison. Okra, and all leafy limp greens do not enter my kitchen. Love most herbs and spices. Love sourdough bread, whole wheat 8 grain breads. Sharp cheese like cheddar, edam, smoked cheddar, fontina, havarti, parmasean reggiano, gjetøst, guyere, jarlsberg. Can do without pasta but love pizza.

sarah said:
hey i love marzipan too.Do you make it at home? if you do,can i have the recipe?

No, Sarah, I've never made it. It's on my future-projects list, like canning and homemade liqueurs. Plus, I've never seen rosewater for sale anywhere I've lived, nor do I know anyone who grows roses, to make my own.

Here are some web recipes for you, though.

http://www.recipesource.com/desserts/candy/01/rec0115.html

If you make it, I'd love to hear how it worked out.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom