What is for Dinner, Friday, August 7th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
supposed to be chinese take out.....we are going to a friends home, they are also having children and grandchildren in....and he is not known to stick to the plan....but supposed to be chinese..I am taking rolls and cookies

I think I'll grill some lamb chops, steam some green beans from the garden and do some potatos, bell peppers and onions in a foil packet on the grill.

Defrosting the last batch of my hot and sour soup and getting some appetizers from the Chinese take out restaurant.

no lunch today, an early dinner of burgers and corn, then off to see Julie and Julia. maybe a slice of pizza afterward!

robo, i cannot WAIT to see that movie! popcorn, a sprite, me & the movie, & a laugh. life can treat you so well sometimes.

dinner is either popcorn & sprite (my sodium & saturated fat intake is looking horrendous!) :) or hummus & some kinda multi-grain bread.

I changed my mind... forgot that I got a chicken! I was craving fried chicken after reading that southern fried c. thread. Soooo.... will cut up said chicken, soak in buttermilk/seasoning, fry. Will probably serve it with mashed potatoes and a milk/cream gravy.

I changed my mind... forgot that I got a chicken! I was craving fried chicken after reading that southern fried c. thread. Soooo.... will cut up said chicken, soak in buttermilk/seasoning, fry. Will probably serve it with mashed potatoes and a milk/cream gravy.
YUM! How can you forget that you have a chicken?? :LOL:

I would love to make your dinner, but Mark isn't a big gravy fan, unless it's on meat.

The only other thing I would add to your dinner is coleslaw.

supposed to be chinese take out.....we are going to a friends home, they are also having children and grandchildren in....and he is not known to stick to the plan....but supposed to be chinese..I am taking rolls and cookies
I hope you enjoy your get-together at your friends'. What kind of rolls and cookies are you bringing?

I had to come back to add..... you're making garlic dinner rolls and snickerdoodles!... I didn't think to check out the other thread first! Sounds yummy!

Last edited:
I've got rice cooling for a new recipe: Stir-fried curried rice with pineapple, cashews, and peas. The original recipe has chicken and no pineapple, but I was looking for another meatless meal to do this week, and this recipe won. :)

Back
Top Bottom