What is for dinner Friday, Nov. 21st?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Actually a handful of dry-roasted peanuts for me tonight. I had a late lunch this afternoon with a friend. We dined at a Chinese buffet restaurant and ate until sated. However, it's been so long since I ate like this, I'm stuffed. Can't imagine eating a meal, even now.

Was invited to dd's for some Egg Rolls, (which we always make together)
and had a taco dip/w tortilla chips, and a creamy cucumber salad.

Was invited to dd's for some Egg Rolls, (which we always make together)
and had a taco dip/w tortilla chips, and a creamy cucumber salad.

Homemade eggrolls, Yumm! Something I have not tried to do. I do perogies, wontons and potstickers but not eggrolls. Have to give that some thought!

Well... given that the water to our whole neighborhood has been cut off since noon... we had no choice but to go out. (3 ton back hoe in my drive way and city trucks at this moment trying to fix a blown water main pipe... UGH!) So we had a nice dinner at Red Lobster.

we had japanese tonight.

miso soup and salad, a godzilla roll (an inside out california roll with masago, wrapped with eel), sushi special deluxe (12 pieces and a tuna roll), salmon skin handroll, and chicken teryaki with rice and veggies.

Homemade eggrolls, Yumm! Something I have not tried to do.
I do perogies, wontons and potstickers but not eggrolls.
Have to give that some thought!

LP, sometime after Thanksgiving is over, I'll be sure to post my recipe for Egg Rolls here.
I make them many different ways...some with pork steak, some with medium-sized shrimp,
some with ground seasoned pork sausage (which our family makes our own seasoned ground pork)
and also vegetarian, since our one daughter is a vegetarian. My faves are pork steak and or shrimp,
but all are good. My family thinks the ones we make, are better than the ones you get at those
Asian diners, and most definitely better than the ones you get at the grocery stores.
They do take some effort to make, but they surely are worth it.

Also, speaking of wontons, my dd makes "the best" Crab Rangoons.
They are to die for!!

Well... given that the water to our whole neighborhood has been cut off since noon...
we had no choice but to go out. (3 ton back hoe in my drive way and city trucks
at this moment trying to fix a blown water main pipe... UGH!)
So we had a nice dinner at Red Lobster.

Sorry to hear about your situation there sattie!
Hope the main pipe is now fixed, and y'all have water?
How I envy you that you had eaten at Red Lobster.
We don't have a Red Lobster in our city, the nearest one is in Appleton
and Eau Claire. Btw, I love their Coconut Shrimp and Tropical Sauce.
My oldest dd makes "the best" Coconut Shrimp and her room-mate makes
"the best" Tropical Sauce. Both shrimp and sauce tastes close to Red Lobster's.
It's quite delish!!

Friday was DH's birthday, so we had the lasagna I had made Thursday evening, with salad and garlic bread. Then we went out for drinks and tiramisu.

Back
Top Bottom