What is for Dinner, Sunday, August 9th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jonnyjonny_uk

Senior Cook
What is for Dinner, Sunday, August 9th?

I'm just going out to the supermarket to get the ingredients to re-create my local sports bar's Chilli nachos :chef:

What's on the menu for you today?

i'm not sure but it looks like either pasta or stuffed tomatoes and grilled steak.

MMM chilli nachos and grilled steak... sounds good to me! Anyone want company? ..... kidding

I'm on my own today. I'm not sure. Either something with salmon again or I might have a couple BBQ'd chicken legs with mashed taters and corn. Maybe I'll make extra for lunch tomorrow.... who knows.

A couple of weeks ago we were at a local music festival. There are all kinds of ethnic food booths at the festival. We chose to eat at the Philippines food booth. We got a combo plate that included a rice noodle dish with meat and veggies.

SO liked the noodle dish (Pansit Grisado) so much she charged me with the task recreating it at home. Today is the experiment.

I have some farmer sausage I need to use so I am thinking a skillet with the sausage, new potatoes, carrots, onion, etc. I also have corn on the cob so probably that and a salad on the side. Or, we may just grill the sausage whole and serve it with the corn, potatoes and salad.

same thing as last night;

fresh chopped tomatoes:w00t2:, red onion and mozzarella, dressed with pesto

dh left yesterday in the rain on a motorcycle trip to Maine with his brother, he should be approaching Manhatten:ohmy: right now to fetch his bro.

so I get to eat whatever I want;)

Beth, expect me about suppertime....just want to make sure you do a double batch! I will even bring dessert. :LOL::LOL:

Great...I'd say I will leave the door open.....but it is bloody hot and humid today, really, our first oppressively hot day this summer....and the a/c is cranked up:)

i was given all these cukes and tomatoes and i am not sure how to use them. i never had heirloom tomatoes or the different colored tiny tomatoes. i'm not sure if they are ripe or what to make with them. i never saw white cukes before either, do you use them like the green ones? i was also given 24 ears of bicolored sweet corn. we had 2 ears each for breakfast, so sweet and tender!! but 24 ears!!

img_843514_0_aad16b906c36effa17fe091549212141.jpg

img_843514_1_ea9c413f2333dc9266715960e759e98a.jpg

img_843514_2_6268450b58948cdf74e7f89e8e731c4d.jpg

img_843514_3_94f5b89cbb91796d38f12c0c2504095b.jpg

It was going to be some succulent carnitas, but that Ultimate Meat Take n Bake
pizza in Wally World sprouted legs and jumped into the cart. When I went to take
it out, the pepperonis promised dire things... so I left it there.
Will add some peppers, onion, more pepperoni, pickles, olives, cheese...

and think healthy while I am eating it, LOL!

I'm on a mission over the next few days to use leftovers and stuff from the freezer. BF is gone on a business trip so whatever I have saved in single portions will be perfect!

Today I made Sweet Potato Gnocchi I froze back when we had it for dinner. I like doing it boiled briefly, then sauteed in olive oil. Serve with a little sprinkling of cinnamon and a drizzle of this really great orange olive oil. It's by the Sciabica company out of California. All the oils, including the flavored ones, are cold pressed - never heat infused. Good stuff.

My lunches and dinners over the next few days will be a strange array of foods, to say the least...LOL. :LOL:

PS - The Nachos look great!

Dinner is served: Cheese and potato blintz served with apple sauce and sour cream (they are a bit darker than I like).

img_843660_0_535baf17f22ec1c701502200380143a7.jpg

I have been craving my mom's cheesy potatoes, but I don't want to use the oven. So, I am going to make them on the grill instead. Basically, it is layers of sliced potato, onion, cheddar cheese, diced ham or sausage, ground pepper, and granulated garlic dotted with butter. Instead of a casserole dish I am going to make it in foil and put it on the grill (in my veggie grill pan to make it easier to handle) on low indirect heat.

Last edited:
Pizza: home made crust, hamburger, It. sausage, pepperoni, onion, green pepper, garlic, It. cheese blend.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom