What is for Supper, 2-13-10?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't know yet ....all the snow storms the last 2 weeks have thrown off my menu planning and grocery shopping. I hope I'll get inspired today either here or at the store. I'll let you all know once I decide....

Supper? Heck, I don't imagine most people have even hit the snooze button for the first time yet.

Sage biscuits with honey butter, lemon and pepper crusted beef tenderloin, spinach dip, caprese salad, hummus, antipasti, and for dessert.. a rustic berry tart.

Tomorrow is two types of scallops - wine and butter seared scallops, and seared scallops with black garlic - with cucumber rounds topped with hummus and yogurt, sage biscuits with honey butter (again), spinach dip (again), crab cakes with mango banana sauce, antipasti, and same dessert - berry tart and also some pastries from an Italian bakery.

Tonight Nick and I are having dinner alone - tomorrow I invited a single friend over for dinner and we are going to have a little party!

pastured pork loin, barded with pancetta, roasted with rosemary over root veg. (will make a pan sauce from the drippings.) rapini and roasted toms.

I don't know yet ....all the snow storms the last 2 weeks have thrown off my menu planning and grocery shopping. I hope I'll get inspired today either here or at the store. I'll let you all know once I decide....

I decided on swiss steak.

I had to work past dinner time, so it was Chinese take-out and a VERY acidic Sauvignon Blanc.

MMm.. just ate the beef tenderloin.. I coated it with Lawry's seasoning and a citrus and pepper mix... SO GOOD..... I cooked it so there was still pink in the centre.. it turned out perfect!!! I am going to buy another tomorrow. They are on sale for 6.99/lb CDN so for a good sized one it's about $30.00.... best red meat I've ever had.

Tuna salad (tuna, celery, onion, salt, ground pepper and mayo) on a poppy seed roll with red leaf lettuce and oven roasted potatoes (potatoes, 1 envelope dry onion soup mix, olive oil and my herb and spice blend).

img_878015_0_a0c554aba4dcaf7695a0b256a1d7d6a3.jpg

Tuna salad (tuna, celery, onion, salt, ground pepper and mayo) on a poppy seed roll with red leaf lettuce and oven roasted potatoes (potatoes, 1 envelope dry onion soup mix, olive oil and my herb and spice blend).

img_878321_0_a0c554aba4dcaf7695a0b256a1d7d6a3.jpg
Sorry I didn't see this. It looks very good! :chef:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom