What is for supper tonight?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rickell

Senior Cook
I am back from our Canada fishing trip we had a great time.
Then wenting camping with our girls that was a great time too.

Back just in time to get all the beginning of the school year handled.

Back school meeting last night and tonight. Any easy ideas for supper?

i am feeling very very lazy tonight and i'm going to frypan some SPAM!!! lol--i love to eat it with rice. yummm!

I have a pork loin... don't know what to do with it though.

I might slice it up and marinate it in EVOO, lemon juice, oregano, onion, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper.

Any one have any better ideas?

pdswife said:
I have a pork loin... don't know what to do with it though.

I might slice it up and marinate it in EVOO, lemon juice, oregano, onion, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper.

Any one have any better ideas?

Not sure how much work your up for, but your pork loin would be good if you butterfly it then stuff it. I use boneless centercut pork chops for this stuffing recipe, but I think it would work well for your loin. Tie it up with kitchen twine, and then pour your marinade on top.

This is from memory....cook some bacon, drain and then crumble. Saute (in the bacon grease) some onion, celery, machintosh apple, sage, thyme, and some crumbled corn muffin. Use whatever amounts you like of these ingredients, but the stuffing should be moist. Make sure your veggies are chopped fine.

For dinner tonight I'm making cod, not sure what we'll have for sides yet, but probably brown rice, and a veggie.

thumpershere2 said:
Mac and cheese and green beans and sliced tomatoes.

is there room for one more at the table? hint:ROFLMAO:

Bang, will you share that? I adore "C" Bean with Bacon soup.

Tonight, it's already going. I have in the crock, just cause I love how it smells all day long cooking, pasta sauce, ground meat, mushrooms, garlic, onions, olives, basil, tomatoes, tom sauce, tom juice, lot's of spices and a lovely chuck steak in there for flavor and it'll break apart nicely later in the cooking time. It'll go over spaghetti noodles. In the bread machine, is french with garlic, parm/roma/asiago cheeses, sesame seeds, basil and sunflower kernels. Lettuce with sliced yard tomatoes and one of my '21' jars of Mayonnaise. No, not kidding. Sweets will be the cookies I made that are in the freezer.

Last edited:
Going out to Forbidden City with my Father.

I know I will have a few things off the dim sum menu, and more then likely some type of duck.

amber said:
Not sure how much work your up for, but your pork loin would be good if you butterfly it then stuff it. I use boneless centercut pork chops for this stuffing recipe, but I think it would work well for your loin. Tie it up with kitchen twine, and then pour your marinade on top.

This is from memory....cook some bacon, drain and then crumble. Saute (in the bacon grease) some onion, celery, machintosh apple, sage, thyme, and some crumbled corn muffin. Use whatever amounts you like of these ingredients, but the stuffing should be moist. Make sure your veggies are chopped fine.

For dinner tonight I'm making cod, not sure what we'll have for sides yet, but probably brown rice, and a veggie.

poop! Too late. This sounds great for next time though.
I have another loin in the freezer. THANK YOU!!!!!:):):):)

Baked fish, peas/carrots and mashed potatos. I love mashed potatos with seafood...and just about everything else.:rolleyes:

The salmon I should have fixed last month for the Challenge (mea culpa for always being so late to everything).

Buttered, dilled, foiled, and baked, probably. Ironchef, I'm saving your cuke sauce for another time.

Some kind of jazzed up salad using iceberg lettuce. We're pitiful in the ingredients department this week.

Will likely also heat up some frozen hash brown patties to go with the above.

chicken thighs breaded in a melba toast crust and potato salad - anyone got an idea for a third item that seems to go with these two?

arlienb said:
i am feeling very very lazy tonight and i'm going to frypan some SPAM!!!

I have all sorts of possibilities, but am very lacking in motivation tonight.
I may just follow your lead and fry up some Spam Lite for Spam & cheese sandwiches with sliced fresh tomato.

Thighs here also K elf.
They're marinating in buttermilk, Crystal hot sauce, black pepper and garlic right now. Don't know if I'm going to flour and fry in the cast iron skillet or dry rub and throw on the grill. GF's neighbor gave her a few zuchinni, so I'll probably make cakes or fritters with onion, garlic, corn, herbs ect... and top them with tzazikki (spelling?) that I made yesterday. Maybe some lima beans also.

I got home from work a little early today so I made spaghetti sauce and while its bubbling away I made some Sicilian meatballs to add to the sauce. It smells so good in here right now....yum.

sketti here, too, with lobster sauce with capers...tossed salad and some garlic bread. ummmm...pound cake with fresh peaches and whipped cream for dessert. :)

Back
Top Bottom