What is for Supper, Tuesday, Aug. 11th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
All looking very tasty as usual :)

My fiancee Ellen just loves drumsticks so they wouldn't of stayed long on the plate :LOL:

Your sauce for the pasta is a beautiful colour. What recipe do you use for the sauce VB?
I hate to say it, but it was a store-bought sauce. :ermm: I tried to grow my own Roma tomatoes this year so I could make my own sauce, but they didn't do well. :neutral: The tomatoes at the store have been so over-priced. It's just cheaper sometimes to doctor up jarred sauce or buy canned, diced tomatoes and make my own.

The meatballs are homemade, though!

I hate to say it, but it was a store-bought sauce. :ermm:
Tut tut :LOL: Only kidding. We just come back from the supermarket and Ellen asked if she could buy some packet tomato sauce to just throw over meat, fish or pasta and she said I looked horrified :ROFLMAO: I sometimes buy shop bought things and just use them as a base to create other things.

I tried to grow my own Roma tomatoes this year so I could make my own sauce, but they didn't do well. :neutral: The tomatoes at the store have been so over-priced. It's just cheaper sometimes to doctor up jarred sauce or buy canned, diced tomatoes and make my own.

Prices of tomatoes here in Moscow during the winter are just crazy and with just having the flat I have to make do with tinned tomatoes but if you go to a gourmet store here they do taste pretty good.

The meatballs are homemade, though!

They look very nice all covered in that sauce I must say :)

Tomatoes are one of the only foods I can think of that are often superior in canned form to their fresh counterparts. The exception is during tomato season, of course, but that's pretty brief in parts of the world, including mine. I make quick sauces for pasta and pizza with (plain) canned tomatoes all the time. :)

Tomatoes are one of the only foods I can think of that are often superior in canned form to their fresh counterparts. The exception is during tomato season, of course, but that's pretty brief in parts of the world, including mine. I make quick sauces for pasta and pizza with (plain) canned tomatoes all the time. :)

Very true apple*tart. The season is incredibly short here in Moscow but thankfully they do have a very good selection of tinned and jars of tomatoes.

Prices of tomatoes here in Moscow during the winter are just crazy and with just having the flat I have to make do with tinned tomatoes but if you go to a gourmet store here they do taste pretty good.

The warm weather here I think had something to do with it. I may have watered them too much, because of the constant sun and no rain.

at school we even use canned tomatoes instead of concasse if the ones we get in look too pink.

Back
Top Bottom