What is the dessert you bake all the time?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sarah

Head Chef
for me,its apple pie,peach pie,coconut pineapple cake,grandma's lazy day cake,Mexican tile cookies,browned butter cookies,chocolate cake,chocolate chip banana snack cake,fudge brownies...
what about you?

I don't like to make anything for myself, because I'll eat it all. When I go to family get-togethers, etc I like to make apple pie, brownies, or cookies.

I'm known for baking pies. Banana Cream. Coconut Cream. Lemon Meringue. Etc.

I bake a lot of scones and cookies. And always apple pie for holidays (family mandate). I find I don't do a lot of repeats with desserts because there's always something new I want to try. This drives DH and my dad nuts because they find something they really like and it's forever until I make it again.

honeybee said:
Sarah, what is the recipe for your grandmother's lazy day cake?
honeybee here goes the recipe!

2/3 c butter.
1/2 c whipping cream.
1 2/3 c sugar.
4 eggs.
2 3/4 c all-purpose flour.
1 tb baking powder.
1/2 ts salt.

FROSTING INGREDIENTS:

1 c firmly packed brown sugar.
1 c chopped walnutes or pecans.
1/3 c butter,melted.
1/3 c whipping cream or milk.

Heat oven to 350 f.Combine 2/3 c butter and half cup whipping cream in 1-quart saucepan.Cook over low heat,stirring occasionally,until butter is melted(6to 7 minutes),set aside.Combine sugar and eggs in a large mixer bowl,beat at medium speed,scraping bowl often,until creamy.Add melted butter mixture,flour,baking powder and salt.Continue beating well,until well mixed.Spread batter into greased and floured 13 into 9 inch baking pan.Bake 30,35 minutes or until done.Heat broiler,stir together all frosting ingredients,mix well.Spread over warm cake.Broil 2 to 4 inches from heat until bubbly all over(2 to 4 minutes).Serve cake warm or cool.

Let me know if you try the recipe! :)

I don't bake, but my desert of demand since I moved here is a trifle. The hands down favorite is three bags of berries (one each of raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries), layered with chunks of angel food cake and whipped cream, all of it liberally doused with blackberry brandy.

I probably bake brownies more often than anything else. My kid likes rice krispie bars as well, so I make those alot, but those are stovetop. :) They are also fast to make. :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom