What is Your Dinner, Sunday, March 29th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We have been on a modified WW diet, which was started Monday so I haven't been doing my "normal" cooking with lots of butter, cream and cheeses! :pig: Tonight will be a lean burger, no bun and lots of steamed vegetables.:)

woo hoo, we are letting me make pizza :LOL: I plan on a salami and cheese, one with sausage, bacon, pepperoni,ham, 2 cheeses, one pineapple and ham, and one with veggies,egads, my gang eat a ton:ROFLMAO: plus they want breadsticks and a big green salad

kadesma

woo hoo, we are letting me make pizza :LOL: I plan on a salami and cheese, one with sausage, bacon, pepperoni,ham, 2 cheeses, one pineapple and ham, and one with veggies,egads, my gang eat a ton:ROFLMAO: plus they want breadsticks and a big green salad

kadesma
Aren't they must-haves with pizza? I worked at Pizza Hut many moons ago, and that was the standard! :LOL:

We are having a creamy chicken casserole with salads and bread.

VB, can you share your recipe? Casseroles are a favorite and I am always looking for a new recipe to try. Thanks!!

Today, is my brother's birthday. We are going with some friends and family to a Mexican restaurant for dinner. They make the best shrimp or carne asada tacos. I also like the chile rellenos. Too many decisions - I always have a hard time making up my mind.

today's my 28th, so i'm choosing & we'll see if jake cooks. i'd like pork tenderloin.

Cottage Pie.

85% Ground Round browned up and set aside. Make a roux with the beef drippings and some flour. Add a few tablespoons of Glace De Viande along with a tablespoon of tomato paste and a couple cups of mushroom stock (just some ground dry porcini mushrooms steeped in hot water). Salt and lots of ground black pepper. Bring back to a boil to thicken and then the beef goes back in.

Big bag of frozen mixed veggies (corn, peas, carrots, lima beans).

Yukon gold mashed potatoes. Lot's of butter and a little milk. Chives and plenty of salt.

Beef & Sauce in the bottom of a casserole, veggies next, then potatoes. Bake until the sauce is squirting up the sides and the potatoes are a rich golden brown.

VB, can you share your recipe? Casseroles are a favorite and I am always looking for a new recipe to try. Thanks!!
Sure! :chef: I am looking forward to this dinner.. I love comfort food! :)

Creamy Chicken Casserole

-3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (seasoned, cooked and cut into bite-sized pieces)
-1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
-1 cup sour cream
-1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms (I use 1/2 cup, sauteed fresh mushrooms)
-1 (15 ounce) can vegetables of choice, like Veg-All (I use about 2 cups of cooked vegies--carrots, celery, onion)
-1 roll Rits or 1 sleeve Saltine crackers, crushed
-1/2 cup margarine or butter, melted
-1 can Grands refrigerated biscuits (buttermilk)

Directions:
-Melt margarine in large frypan, stir in crushed Ritz until coated.
-Set aside.
-In large bowl, mix together cooked chicken, soup, sour cream, mushrooms and vegies.
-Pour into greased 2 quart casserole.
-Sprinkle crumbs over top.
-Bake in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.
-Serve over biscuits. (hot noodles or rice are good too).

I have a WW turkey chili recipe in the crockpot right now. And I just took WW chocolate cherry muffins out of the oven which I'm going to have with a scoop of frozen vanilla yogurt. Trying to be good...

trying something new.
I had planned on grilling some country ribs.. the weather is NOT cooperating.

I currently braising the ribs in the oven with a glaze with a Worcestershire, smoke, Tony's creole seasonings, soul food seasoning, sea salt.

I started them at 500F to get a sear on them, currently they are slow roasting at 260F. I will give them an hour at that temp before adding a homemade bbq sauce. I am still vacillating on the sauce between a ketchup based or a mustard based S. Carolina style...

Hopefully they will come out great.

trying something new.
I had planned on grilling some country ribs.. the weather is NOT cooperating.

I currently braising the ribs in the oven with a glaze with a Worcestershire, smoke, Tony's creole seasonings, soul food seasoning, sea salt.

I started them at 500F to get a sear on them, currently they are slow roasting at 260F. I will give them an hour at that temp before adding a homemade bbq sauce. I am still vacillating on the sauce between a ketchup based or a mustard based S. Carolina style...

Hopefully they will come out great.

I ended up using a sweetened mustard sauce.
Yellow mustard, fine dijon mustard(not the rough ground stuff), brown sugar, worcestershire, liquid smoke,vinegar, Tony's creole spice and some soul food seasoning.
Wow... what a flavor.. not imposing, just a nice complimentary flavor to the meat.

After the initial sear at 500 for 15 minutes the ribs cooked an 1:15 at 260F without opening the oven(important). I then pulled the pan out, there was lots of liquid in the pan. I left that there, poured the mustard sauce over the top and stuck it back in the oven at 300F for 1/2 hour. The flavor was even beyond what I was expecting. The initial flavorings cooked nicely into the meat, the sweet mustard just enhanced those flavors without taking over.
I served them with just simple can of red beans heated up with some butter and bread and butter. There was plenty of flavor in the meat, I think a complicated side dish would have been lost against the flavors in the meat.

We got a really good deal on a whole tenderloin at Costo yesterday.

Dinner tonight will be pan seared filet mignon, mashed yukon gold potatoes and a veggie of some sort.

We're going to sit on the beach, drink margaritas, eat shrimp and watch the sun set tonight. My dear friend Laury (who posts here occasionally) is heading back to the US tomorrow after a six month stay and this is a farewell of sorts...but never adios, always hasta luego.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom