What is your favorite Beer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My all time favorites are Australia's "Cooper's" varieties.

I do like many boutique and smaller brewery brews... Black Butte Porter from Deschutes Brewing Company is quite nice... and I enjoy a good Hefeweizen wheat beer sometimes.

Of the US mainstream beers, I think Sam Adams is pretty good (and I think they make the best tasting Light beer on the market).

On a day-to-day basis, I usually drink Miller Lite.

I like lots of beers, but here's the short list:

-Belhaven "Wee Heavy" Scottish Ale
-Ebulum Elderberry Black Ale
-Old Speckled Hen
-Boddington's
-Smithwick's
-Kelpie Seaweed Ale
-Ochakovo Black (Russian)
-Erie Railbender Ale
-Tupper's Hop Pocket Pils

My "every day" beers are generally Grolsch (pony kegs), Tsingtao in bottles, and Sam Adams on tap at bars.

For some reason, I don't much care for Sam Adams in bottles, but on tap is it is genuinely one of the most delicious lighter beers out there.

`mishimasan` said:
Oh now we're talking.... Can I mention a lager?

I like Tsingtao from China the best - it's so tasty and crispy. U can get it from any good chinatown :)

I'll second your recommendation. Unfortunately many people are turned off by a beer because they had the misfortune of trying a bottle that was old or mishandled. To give the devil his due, I understand that the original Tsingtao brewery was started by Germans.

TATTRAT said:
And most domestic US beers are, well, can we say weasel piss here?

and I don't think that Guiness is over rated at all, in fact, it sets the par for what a lot of Stouts aim to be like. Murphy's is a Great one too.

I think the politically correct technical term is skunk whiz.

If it wasn't for that bad experience that made me forfeit a final in College many moons ago, I think I'd be undiscerning! :wacko:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom