What is your Favorite Microwave Recipe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Urmaniac, you really shouldn't use plastic in the microwave. As it heats, it produces a substance that is dangerous to your health.
Just use a covered glass casserole dish for your vegies...it'll work just fine. I add a little water or chicken broth so they'll steam.

I don't do much actual cooking in my microwave. I sometimes use it to partially cook a casserole, lasagna, etc. I put it in the microwave while the oven is preheating so it takes about half as long to cook, but still has all the flavor and appearance of one totally cooked in the oven. It has saved much time for me. DH heats coffee throughout the day every day. I don't drink reheated coffee, but enjoy reheated leftovers. They are the best.

Constance said:
Urmaniac, you really shouldn't use plastic in the microwave. As it heats, it produces a substance that is dangerous to your health.
Just use a covered glass casserole dish for your vegies...it'll work just fine. I add a little water or chicken broth so they'll steam.

13.gif
oh whoa, I DID NOT know that, I learned this from a chef at a cafè I used to work at, darn I knew it was too easy a solution!! Thanks Constance for a valuable warning
11.gif
, and PLEASE EVERYONE DISREGARD WHAT I SAID IN THE PREVIOUS POST!!

Back
Top Bottom