What Jamaican Mon 2-11-14?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"What Jamaican Mon 2-11-14"

I'm so confused :wacko:
Oh, you mean mon as in man... :LOL: That would have been a good one for yesterday.
I'm in the mood for some kind of fish, too. Maybe just a mess of steamed clams or mussels. I need a store run first.

The freezer is feeding us tonight. Pasta with tomato sauce, meatballs and sausages. Salad on the side.

We'll be going out of town to the Theatuh, and trying out a new (to us) restaurant, with all sorts of decadent sounding stuff.

Last edited:
I never went on my clam run. Too much time in front of the intelligent box :rolleyes:
So I'll whip up some spaghetti and meataballz. I haven't had that in a while. I wish I had some shrooms for the sauce... asparagus and garlic bread on the side.

I had Chinese BBQ Pork (which I had to share with the cat), Steamed Asparagus with lemon pepper and Diced Mango.

"What Jamaican Mon 2-11-14"

I'm so confused :wacko:
Oh, you mean mon as in man... :LOL: That would have been a good one for yesterday.
I'm in the mood for some kind of fish, too. Maybe just a mess of steamed clams or mussels. I need a store run first.
I'm confused too. This is looking a lot like "tonight's dinner thread", but today is 2014-02-11. 14 February, Valentine's Day, is on Frinday.

At least Pac cleared up the "Mon" part of my confusion.

I found some smokey Canadian bacon trimmings in the freezer, so those went into my sauce as well. I may not have any mushrooms, but I'll have texture!

Too much of the good stuff. I'm slow. I wasn't confused. I thought it was Monday even though I understood the title. We had crabs one night and a lot of fresh shrimp and fish when we were in Ft Lauderdale area on vacation a couple weeks ago.

I am making Ol' Blue's "Melt in your mouth" pork loin roast in the CI dutch oven courtesy of Pac mentioning it awhile ago, maybe as far back as last March? It's been on my waiting list for some time. Just got it in the oven, so dinner is delayed tonight. What I did different is heavily season the flour with dry rosemary and thyme, no added salt, used chicken broth instead of water and wished I had a little wine to add to the gravy sauce, per Kayelle's recs. Maybe after dinner I should add a short review to the original thread.

Mashed potatoes and choice of frozen veggie, I'm leaning towards broccoli tonight. The last of the lemon bars.

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f49/melt-in-your-mouth-pork-loin-39428.html

March?! :LOL:
I seriously love that recipe and it's simplicity, Whiska. One dish where the leftovers never make it into the freezer :yum:

I'm confused too. This is looking a lot like "tonight's dinner thread", but today is 2014-02-11. 14 February, Valentine's Day, is on Frinday.

At least Pac cleared up the "Mon" part of my confusion.
:doh: D'oh! Got the date format confused again. Today is the 11th of February, 2014.

We had Classic Roast Chicken. Great recipe. 'Cept I took my twist on on it.

I added several sprigs of fresh rosemary under the skin of the breast and I also melted the butter, added an equal amount of olive oil and 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper and mixed it in a large bowl, then tossed the veggies in it to coat them well before I placed them around the chicken.

This was, by far, one of the best roast chickens we ever ate. It was moist beyond description and the sauce/gravy was amazing.

This was a wonderful, tasty and filling meal. We topped it off with homemade cherry cobbler for dessert.

We had the pork schnitzel tonight. I served it with Danish cream potatoes, and a salad with blue cheese dressing. I left the potatoes in the oven a bit too long, but they were still yummy.

Attachments

• 20140211_203624.jpg
    20140211_203624.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 233
Yummy looking meal Taxlady!
DH is cooking tonight, it looks like breaded baked chicken breasts, rice-a-roni and steamed cauliflower.

DH made reservations at the out of town restaurant across the street from the theatre. Of course we demolished everything before I said, "Wait! I was going to take a picture!"

The chef is quite the character! He loudly pointed out and explained every entee example in the glass case when we walked in the door, and was very enthusiastic! We had the mixed appetizer: crab cakes, wonton chicken skewers, and tenderloin tips with bleu cheese. Sauces were all different and wonderful. The bread was served with a head of roasted garlic, delicious. We shared the rack of lamb, rare, with garlic mash and balsamic reduction. We'll definitely go back again, but will have something other than the lamb next time. It was just OK. But we really enjoyed the experience!

Back
Top Bottom