What on the menu Thursday 3/28/2019?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Hot dog "coins" and onions sautéed then simmered in tomato & burgundy wine tossed with small pasta shells.

hot_dogs_onions_032819_IMG_5554.jpg

March 28

My first thought was a reference to your regular garden weeds. Who eats garden weeds? It took me a few seconds to realize what you were referring to.

Don't pick on me. I am now officially an crazy old lady.

Here in the States a lot of States have made weed legal. Massachusetts for example. I am on the fence for that.

Stirling is having a migraine. He wasn't sure if food would make him nauseous. I made Habitant Pea Soup and grilled cheese sandwiches. That worked well for his tummy and tasted good.

Stirling is having a migraine. He wasn't sure if food would make him nauseous. I made Habitant Pea Soup and grilled cheese sandwiches. That worked well for his tummy and tasted good.

I felt my stomach turn when I thought I read Halibut Pea Soup. :sick:
Habitant® soups have been made using traditional recipes since 1918. This soup has become a classic among Canadian families for its creamy texture of blended peas with just the right amount of seasoning. WATER, YELLOW PEAS, LARD, SALT, ONION POWDER AND SPICE.
Hope Stirling feels better.

Last edited:
I've inherited whatever Souschef has, and haven't been fit to cook for days now. Grrrr.

Whatever we're eating tonight won't be worth mentioning.

Sorry to hear that both of you are not feeling very well. That is a real bummer. Here's hoping you both are back on your feet very soon.

Two hash brown patties. Pirate is having an off day with his health problems. So he won't be cooking tonight. And I am not really hungry enough to try and cook for myself.

Good looking dinners. :yum:
Sure hope those who are under the weather feel better soon!

I made up a small batch of navy beans and ham soup this morning. Delish and satisfying with a buttered corn muffin.

My book club meeting was tonight. We made a somewhat themed dinner based on the book. I made baked apples with honey and bought some Häagen-Dazs vanilla ice cream to go with it.

I was in a grouchy mood this evening, so I just had some jumbo hot dogs on brat buns.

CD

I felt my stomach turn when I thought I read Halibut Pea Soup. :sick:
Hope Stirling feels better.

Halibut pea soup does sound kinda awful. It was an exaggeration to say that I made the soup. I poured it into a 1 quart Pyrex measuring "cup" and nuked it.

Stirling is feeling better, but still a bit delicate. Thank you for asking. I sure hope you and Souschef feel better soon.

Pub night so bacon egg and double cheese burger with half dozen bluff oysters deep fried. A delicacy I treated myself.

Russ

Migraines are the total pits. I hope he loses it real fast. I think I may have had three in my life time.

Back
Top Bottom