What’s on the menu Friday 7/6/2018?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
DD wants burgers again. I'm not going to argue because she can do the cooking tonight. I can put together some more tomato mozzarella salad.

I saw a recipe online for small pasta with crimini and cream. I thought I copied it but can't find it so I figure I can wing it and come up with a decent meal.

Mixed mustard grilled chicken and fruit.

Attachments

• 2018-07-06 19.35.02.jpg
    2018-07-06 19.35.02.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 171
I had a bunless burger with hot banana pepper rings, mozzarella & tomato dressed with vinaigrette.

Dinner was crab/cream cheese stuffed jalapenos with a side of faux-tato salad.

e8gbpey.jpg

Potato, mushroom, onion, cheese, egg, fritatta. 3 bean salad. Whole grained bread toasted with crunchy peanut butter.

Driving back from Shreveport, I at at a place in East Texas called Cajun Tex. I had some boudin balls, and a fried catfish and shrimp entree with dirty rice. That was three hours ago, and I still feel stuffed.

CD

Got my haircut today, so I decided to take the rest of the day off, kinda. I did a bit of grocery shopping at Price Chopper and got a take-out order of fried haddock. Had leftover potato salad already. Made a pan of sauteed corn-grape tomatoes, tossed a salad, and called it dinner. Mostly beige, but tasty.

Attachments

• 20180706_210854.jpg
    20180706_210854.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 134
We had big beautiful shrimp salads complete with a lettuce base and asparagus/pickled beets/HB egg/scallions and Shrimp Louie dressing.

:yum:
Your post spurred me to google Louie dressing. I remember Mom ordering crab Louie at a seafood restaurant in San Diego when I was just a toddler. A small portion of her salad was my lunch, and I think the start of my love affair with seafood!

All of the recipes that came up on google had some ingredients in common and many vastly differing ingredients. The one that looked most appetizing to me included hard-cooked eggs. So I’m curious what recipe you used, if you’d care to share. A great Louie dressing would be a perfect match for my surimi salad, I think!

We had big beautiful shrimp salads complete with a lettuce base and asparagus/pickled beets/HB egg/scallions and Shrimp Louie dressing.

:yum:
I also thought this recipe from ATK looked appetizing:

½ cup mayonnaise
¼ cup sour cream
¼ cup finely chopped green bell pepper
¼ cup sliced scallions
2 tablespoons chopped pitted green olives
2 tablespoons chili sauce
5 teaspoons lemon juice
2 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper

I don't really have a recipe for the Louie dressing I use Joel. It's pretty straight forward with "taste as you go"...mayo/ketchup/sweet pickle relish/lemon or lime juice/dash of Worcestershire.

Back
Top Bottom