What starch goes with Chicken Marsala?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

QSis

Washing Up
I was going to make a potato casserole dish, since I have the time today, but I don't think it particularly marries well with Chicken Marsala.

What is a more traditional starch pairing? I have a couple of kinds of rice, a lot of pastas, cous cous and potatoes.

Lee

Traditional I think is a thin pasta like angel hair, but when I make it I always use couscous. I love how those little grains soak up the sauce.

I was going to make a potato casserole dish, since I have the time today, but I don't think it particularly marries well with Chicken Marsala.

What is a more traditional starch pairing? I have a couple of kinds of rice, a lot of pastas, cous cous and potatoes.

Lee

How about Fettucinne Alfredo. Chicken & potatoes sound good to me. You could make a mushroom, garlic, potato gratin:

Garlicky potato & mushroom gratin

Or, in keeping with a casserole-type idea - this calls for white wine, but Marsala might be interesting:

Chicken and leek casserole

Qsis,
I think couscous,or brown or white rice might be nice.. But, I've used mashed potatoes with my chicken marsala..I feel it should be something you enjoy, not something people feel is a "correct" paring. Food is meant to enjoy, not just be correct:LOL:

kadesma

Risotto, roasted red bliss, rosemary roasted potatoes, mashed. I don't like pairing things that have two totally different sauces, so I'd stay away from pasta.

I usually make some sort of potato and a green veggie like asparagus or broccolli to add some freshness.

Risotto, roasted red bliss, rosemary roasted potatoes, mashed. I don't like pairing things that have two totally different sauces, so I'd stay away from pasta.

I agree no pasta with sauce but a plain pasta or noodles as a bed for the chicken masala would be great.

I think wild rice cooked with Mandarin oranges might go well.

Thanks, everybody! (Almost) everyone's suggestions sounded great.

I went with pasta - the rotelli, or rotini, or whatever the corkscrew one is. Just placed the chicken marsala over the naked pasta, Jeeks, so there was no mixing of sauces.

Lee

P.S. auntdot - I am one of your biggest fans, but wild rice cooked with Mandarin oranges???? eek.

P.S. auntdot - I am one of your biggest fans, but wild rice cooked with Mandarin oranges???? eek.

I agree that with Chicken Marsala this might not quite work but with a nice roasted chicken it would probably be delish!

Sounds like a good decision. I'd go wih noodles too. Some how marsala doesn't go well with potato in my book, and I normaly love potato.

Thanks, everybody! (Almost) everyone's suggestions sounded great.

I went with pasta - the rotelli, or rotini, or whatever the corkscrew one is. Just placed the chicken marsala over the naked pasta, Jeeks, so there was no mixing of sauces.

Lee

lol....sounds like I would have enjoyed dinner at your home.

I had chicken marsala once at an expensive restaurant once, and it came with a side of spaghetti and marinara.....on the same dish:ermm:.

Since then, I have vowed NOT to mix sauces. I don't know what it is, or what compells me to do it, but it just seems wrong. I like for one item to be "The Star" and the sides to compliment it.

My one tip for cooking marsala is: Don't be skimpy on the Marsala! :chef:

My one tip for cooking marsala is: Don't be skimpy on the Marsala! :chef:

Agreed... IMHO i feel like the chicken marsala should be served alone. when i make it i'll usually have 2 courses. i'll start with a pasta salad or hearty thick soup, then follow with the marsala and of course some bread to soak up all the yumminess....

Jeekinz, where you from in jersey?

I like mashed potatoes or creamy polenta.

There are a lot of flavors going on in Chicken Marsala, so I would keep the starch simple.

I like mashed potatoes or creamy polenta.

There are a lot of flavors going on in Chicken Marsala, so I would keep the starch simple.
I'm with you on this one..makes me want to grab the polenta and get going:)

kadesma

I'm with you on this one..makes me want to grab the polenta and get going:)

kadesma

hmmmm chicken Marsala and polenta... sounds like dinner this weekend. :)

and I have the breadcrumbs I like to use on hand, and everything! I think that's it!

I haven't made Chicken Marsala in forever!

hmmmm chicken Marsala and polenta... sounds like dinner this weekend. :)

and I have the breadcrumbs I like to use on hand, and everything! I think that's it!

I haven't made Chicken Marsala in forever!
I haven't made it in a while either..but right now I think we will be the bobbsy twins on sunday :LOL:

kadesma

Back
Top Bottom