What type of restaurant do you like to eat at?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What kind of restaurants do you like to eat at?

• American - hamburgers, chicken fried steak, etc.

Votes: 6 14.0%
  • Asian - sushi, bulgogi, chow mein, egg rolls, etc.

Votes: 17 39.5%
  • Mexican - chile rellenos, tacos, burritos, etc.

Votes: 11 25.6%
  • Italian - shrimp diavolo, lasagna, wine,

Votes: 14 32.6%
  • Buffets - everything under the sun!!

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Other - Your choice!!

Votes: 11 25.6%

• Total voters

SierraCook

Master Chef
When I eat out my favorite restaurants to go to are either Asian or Mexican. My favorite restaurant is WooChon in Reno, NV which is a Korean restaurant. Locally, my favorite eatery is Los Dos Hermanos in Sierraville, CA. Where do you like to eat out?

Last edited:
I tried to limit myself to two answers but honestly all of these options are great for me. And getting a little more in depth:

Asian: Noodle houses, Thai (mmm... spice) and Sushi are probably my favorites followed by stuff like korean bbq's and of course indian food if it counts as asian.

Mexican: My favorite of course is 100% pure authentic be it northern (burritos, beans, antojitos, ceviche) or suthern (mole, tamales, chiles rellenos) but I like other varieties too: The "taco bell" style (nothing in comon with mexican but still really good), tex mex (lots of dry spice and sweeter tomato based sauces) and the downright inventive (those wrap places for instance).

I agree with Lugaru. I would have to pick all of these options. I tend to stay away from chain restaurants as much as I can though. That is not to say that I don't go to some, but most of them I find sub par. I can't stand chains like Olive Garden (worst Italian food I have ever had) and TGI Fridays. I would much rather a family run place or something like that.

I like to eat out at restaurants that are ethnic specific with as little or no fusion as possible. The reason being is that because my strength is in fusion cooking, I can get overly critical about fusion restaurants and don't enjoy my meals a lot of the times. I'd rather have just straightforward Thai, Italian, Mexican, Greek, Vietnamese, etc.

There are some exceptions though of course. If the Chef is well known, then fusion or not, if I'm in that city, I'd want to try it.

Last edited:
i like upscale restaurants and trendy new restaurants. i favor white linens and polite waitstaff.
2nd to those are sushi places.

It really just depends on what we are in the mood for. I love Thai food, but my husband is pretty impartial to it so we never go out for Thai. We can't really afford to go out, so when we do, it's a big deal. I love going out to eat!

i was reading over my post and i didn't really emphasize on what exact sort of food the restaurants i go to serve.
i like the type of restaurants that serve things like rack of lamb and steaks and seafood all on the same menu. but i'm not really sure how to categorize that so i just chose 'other' on the poll.

not a big deal sierra! you put the 'other' option in, plus we have this space to give specifics on our favorites.:)

While I adore steaks, italian and mexican, I chose the ominous buffet. After all, what could be better than the best buffet Vegas has to offer? (that way I can have 'em all at once!)

I'm really into Vietnamese foods right now, and found a wonderful little place in The Loop that does it right.

SousWee, have you ever been to Mr. Benny's out by Tinley Park? We ate there once when we went upstate for a Farm Aid Concert. Their grilled portobello mushroom appetizer was superb, and try as I might, I've never been able to duplicate it. And the steak was the best I've ever had, even in Ft. Worth.
Loved the atmosphere, too. The owner greeted us at the door himself, a short, stocky Italian gentleman who appeared to enjoy his own food. When we left, he was still there, wanting to know if we enjoyed our meal.

Locally, we don't have a lot of choices, but our favorite is a family run bar and steakhouse. The owner tends bar and his wife does the cooking. They have great rib-eyes, prime rib, surf & turf, shrimp, and spaghetti with her homemade sauce.

For me, definitely a good smokehouse and barbecue, which was very hard to find in Colorado. They're even harder to find in Michigan.

Someday, I plan to move to Oregon, and then I'll... Oh, wait, there's not much in the way of barbecue there, either.

Heck, I guess I'll just have to learn to do it myself. :mrgreen:

Well, I have other reasons for wanting to move to Oregon, as it's a huge technological hub, as well as entertainment and media, not to mention the Chinese restaurants.

However, my brother plans to move to North Carolina before too long, so I can always partake of the local cuisine when I visit him. :cool:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom