What was for breakfast today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
SierraCook said:
juliev, you should appreciate this. I don't know who the author is, but I thought it was funny.

The Mouse on the Barroom Floor

Some Guinness was spilled on the barroom floor
when the pub was shut for the night.
Out of his hole crept a wee brown mouse
and stood in the pale moonlight.
He lapped up the frothy brew from the floor,
then back on his haunches he sat.
And all night long you could hear him roar,
'Bring on the d**m cat!'

Sierra, this was one of the first songs I learned to play on the guitar!

buckytom said:
yous guys have to try irish cheddar if you get the chance. it's really creamy, and if you get a good one (i've found smaller producers make a much better cheese) it'l be nice and sharp.
if you like cheddar, try putting slices on wheat crakers, the more rustic the better, then top with a sliver of raw onion and spicy brown or coleman's hot mustard. unbelievably good with a cold harp, guinness, or smithwick's.
i have such a craving for cheese right now. been on a goat cheese kick lately. never knew how many kinds there were, all will different nuances.
sierrac, lol, i printed out the "mouse on the barroom floor" and put it up on my desk. getting a lot of chuckles. gonna bring a copy to my local (irish pub) this afternoon.

i had more baked lays tater chips and a diet coke.

buckytom, glad you enjoyed the "mouse on the barroom floor". The cheddar on crackers with the onion and mustard sounds yummy. When you go to the pub have a pint for me.

For lunch I had cherry tomatoes, salami, smoked gouda, and yogurt.

your poem is now on a wall in a pub in manhattan, sierracook. thanks, got a roar from all of me irish friends.

i had a ham egg and cheese sammich, oj, thanks to the sports dept. catering, and a spot of earl grey.

I had the same as yesterday.. blueberry muffin and I also had Earl Grey.

buckytom said:
your poem is now on a wall in a pub in manhattan, sierracook. thanks, got a roar from all of me irish friends.

i had a ham egg and cheese sammich, oj, thanks to the sports dept. catering, and a spot of earl grey.

Glad I could provide some entertainment for you and your friends. I love that poem, it makes me laugh every time I read it. For breakfast I had 10 grain hot cereal and a slice of cinnamon raisin bread with coffee.

SierraCook said:
Juliev said:
wow, no cheese?

It is kinda scary, Juliev, I have not had cheese at all today and no Guac since earlier in the week. Although, I have a lunch date at the local Mexican restaurant on Tuesday, so you know what that means. I can take care of both fixes at one place.

I am surprised you're not going through withdrawl

pk.png

Love the line, MJ.

we should really have a brunch topic, because I'm eating right now. Only reason I'm putting here is because it's eggs.

I made an omelet with sauteed onion, gr pepper, and diced tomato and alittle swiss cheese. I cooked a sliced potato in the microwave with alittle butter, salt and pepper. Then, I put the slices in a skillet to get them nice and brown/crisp and added some parmesan cheese.. and a slice of toast... it sounds like a lot, but the potato was small..lol

I seldom eat breakfast but had buttered toast with black coffee this morning.

Now could someone please tell me what eggs benedict is as talked about on page 1?

I made a cheese omelette with salsa, avacado and sour cream on top, l/2 ruby grapefruit and 2 cups of Starbucks Summatra coffee. That was at 10:30 and it is now 1:30 so I imagine lunch will be out of the question as I am still full. Guess a snack of lemon pound cake toasted and coffee will be a good snack.

norgeskog said:
I made a cheese omelette with salsa, avacado and sour cream on top, l/2 ruby grapefruit and 2 cups of Starbucks Summatra coffee. That was at 10:30 and it is now 1:30 so I imagine lunch will be out of the question as I am still full. Guess a snack of lemon pound cake toasted and coffee will be a good snack.

ya know.. that would be good with a little warm raspberry jam on top... the lemon pound cake, that is.

Back
Top Bottom