What was for breakfast today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Today, I went for breakfast at the Squeeze Inn in Truckee, CA. I had the omelet called a Trippy Thomas. It had refried beans, green chilies, onions, avocado, and Monterey jack cheese topped with a cheese sauce with wheat toast and country fried potatoes. Let me tell you, it was rough working out in the woods after that breakfast. It took me a couple of hours before I felt like moving. So, to help me work off breakfast I took I long hike this afternoon with one of my contractors to look an upcoming project.

I hear so much about Trader Joe's... must be a west coast thing.. over here on the east coast, we don't have them..I don't think.

Trader Joe's is great. I like it because it has many products that do not have sulfites, which I am allergic to. Most of their foods tend to be towards the healthier side. Of course, you must read the labels. I like to buy stuff there for my lunches. That is where I got the garlic brie that I mentioned in a couple of other posts. With the link below you can find the Trader Joe's nearest you.

http://www.traderjoes.com/locations/index.asp

Yeah, I noticed you're a big brie fan.. I love brie.. yumm! I don't usually buy it for myself though.. We don't have any neat stores like that around here.. I live south of Buffalo, NY.. there might be some places I'm not aware of up there. I, DO KNOW, they have a great place in Toronto, ON.. but I don't get up there unless I'm up visiting my friends in Canada. Then, even if I do purchase stuff up there, it's such a hassle at the border when I come back home.

I am a huge cheese fan. So, at times it is good that I don't make it to Reno much. I think that I could OD on cheese. Today, I gave one of my loggers at taste of smoky Gouda. He loved it. He said that there was one problem with it, that I did not bring enough!! Typically, he usually eats beef jerky, chips, bologna sandwiches, etc. I have converted him to eating something else besides cheddar!! :LOL: Actually, he is a really good cook.

LOL Sierra.... I was a mouse in a former life.. dontcha notice my avatar? :LOL:

juliev, you should appreciate this. I don't know who the author is, but I thought it was funny.

The Mouse on the Barroom Floor

Some Guinness was spilled on the barroom floor
when the pub was shut for the night.
Out of his hole crept a wee brown mouse
and stood in the pale moonlight.
He lapped up the frothy brew from the floor,
then back on his haunches he sat.
And all night long you could hear him roar,
'Bring on the d**m cat!'

LOL.. the only stout I would be having would be Killians Irish Red.. lol.. and forget the d&^% cat.. I want my cheese... and of course the beer too!

YUMMM.....

I have friends in England.. they say there is a fantastic cheese shop in London.. ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, that is my dream to go to the UK, since I'm half English. That will be my first stop.. that cheese shop..then to get a pint and some fish-n-chips!

I think it was on the foodnetwork that I saw this shop that sold only cheese. The cheese was stored in the perfect conditions for each particular cheese. Oh, they looked so good!! It I could have stuffed myself through the TV I would have. :LOL: Someday, you will make it to England, juliev. I want to go to Ireland since my family is from there, several generations ago.

Yeah.. I don't think I saw it on there though... I do remember seeing a show on this cheese shop through some cooking show on PBS.. That is one place that would not want to hire me... they would always come up with missing merchandise :twisted:

oh yes!... I love all kinds of cheese.. and I mean all kinds... except limburger.. I have tried that.. the smell deters me from it..

I've been on a feta and gorgonzola kick in the last couple months.. for salads etc.

yous guys have to try irish cheddar if you get the chance. it's really creamy, and if you get a good one (i've found smaller producers make a much better cheese) it'l be nice and sharp.
if you like cheddar, try putting slices on wheat crakers, the more rustic the better, then top with a sliver of raw onion and spicy brown or coleman's hot mustard. unbelievably good with a cold harp, guinness, or smithwick's.
i have such a craving for cheese right now. been on a goat cheese kick lately. never knew how many kinds there were, all will different nuances.
sierrac, lol, i printed out the "mouse on the barroom floor" and put it up on my desk. getting a lot of chuckles. gonna bring a copy to my local (irish pub) this afternoon.

i had more baked lays tater chips and a diet coke.

Back
Top Bottom