What Ya Havin This Evening 5-7-16

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks delish!

This afternoon's dinner was an artichoke with garlic/lemon butter, and a little leftover chicken salad with wheat crackers.

SC came home with two huge rib eye steaks. They will go on the grill along with asparagus, mushrooms and peppers in the grill basket. He will also have some tater tots.
It's still cloudy and chilly out there today, so he'll set up the space heater for me too.:wub:
I wish we had the room for multiple outdoor cookers but we just don't. We'd sure have them if we did. Our little V smoker filled with soaked wood chips that fits between the gas burners came in handy tonight with dinner.
I just had to eat some before taking the picture. ;)

img_1465733_0_f53dbd9f63122ed0c1ea2d5ade429152.jpg

Kay, I would have eaten the whole thing before taking a pic, it looks luscious. You showed amazing restraint!

Wonderful looking and sounding meals!

I had planned on good, ol' breakfast for supper. Himself wished we had sausage last time, so I mixed a batch of seasonings and made patties. While the meat was resting, I had a huge attack of The Clumsies. When I managed to tip my tea cup filled with hot tea inside and down my sleeve ? it was the last straw. Himself decided we should have Mother's Day dinner tonight. He got take-out broasted chicken and jo-jo potatoes, then nuked some corn. His cooking specialty - take-out and canned/frozen veggies! ? Gotta love my man. ♡

We had an afternoon tea yesterday to celebrate Mother's day. I made buttermilk scones and fresh whipped cream served with jam, a few simple desserts, and a bunch of tea sandwiches designed to please the whole family: egg salad with dijon mayo & salad greens, chicken salad on whole grain, ham & raspberry jam, peanut butter & jelly, and whole grain toasts with garlic cream cheese and homemade za'atar, inspired my my Moroccan friend.

I was obviously very full from the tea, so only had a small dinner later of a leftover French mushroom soup I made with country dumplings. It was a pretty good food day. :)

Those are a thing of beauty, Myron/Craig! :yum:

I forgot, the glaze/sauce was made from a combination of two other scratch made sauces and the key ingredient was blackberry jam. Next, I'm gonna try his recipe and method for whole shoulder, if I can find it. The whole shoulder is both what most places offer separately as shoulder and Boston butt in one piece.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom