What Ya Havin This Evening 5-7-16

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CraigC

Master Chef
Just put some muffin tin thighs on the BGE. These are straight out of Myron Mixon's book, following to the letter. Deviled eggs and a potato salad, recipe from Guy F.:yum:

I baked some haddock that was coated in crushed crisps (instead of crumbs, after the paneeing of flour and egg). Alongside with roasted red pepper and tomatoes.

I made tzatziki yesterday for a talk on herb gardening I did this morning for the master gardener Open Garden & Plant Sale. To go with the leftover, I'm making kefte patties that we will grill. I'll also grill some onion and bell peppers and mix them with couscous, herbs, lemon juice and olive oil. Thinking I'll serve that over salad greens from the garden.

SC came home with two huge rib eye steaks. They will go on the grill along with asparagus, mushrooms and peppers in the grill basket. He will also have some tater tots.
It's still cloudy and chilly out there today, so he'll set up the space heater for me too.:wub:

Spaghetti with meat sauce here.

Edit: Drat. Fried up the hot Italian sausage, and it was freezer-burned and inedible. Guess it will be meatless spaghetti.

Last edited:
Blast out of the 1980s.

I had a small Brie. Topped it in fig and port wine jam and wrapped it in puff pastry. Egg wash and baked. Popped open a nice red wine and called it supper.

So retro but so good!

Salad and a mushroom,spinach,sausage lasagna without the noodles.

Garrison Keillor would probably call it a hot dish. :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Spaghetti with meat sauce here.

Edit: Drat. Fried up the hot Italian sausage, and it was freezer-burned and inedible. Guess it will be meatless spaghetti.

Dawg, I often have that trouble with Italian sausage too! I wonder why it's the only thing that ever gets freezer burn for me. Hey, you could have had Hawaiian spaghetti with Spam. ;)

Blast out of the 1980s.

I had a small Brie. Topped it in fig and port wine jam and wrapped it in puff pastry. Egg wash and baked. Popped open a nice red wine and called it supper.

So retro but so good!

What's wrong with retro? I sounds delicious. I did a simpler one the other day baked with Trader Joe's Bacon Jam on top, along with chopped pecans. :yum:

Last edited:
Blast out of the 1980s.

So retro but so good!

That actually sounds really good.

Kay's and Rock's steaks sound pretty good too.

Sorry Dawg, that sucks.

We wrap italian sausage (or any raw sausage) in plastic wrap and then bag. That seems to stop the freezer burn issue.

Dawg, I often have that trouble with Italian sausage too! I wonder why it's the only thing that ever gets freezer burn for me. Hey, you could have had Hawaiian spaghetti with Spam. ;)

What's wrong with retro? I sounds delicious. I did a simpler one the other day baked with Trader Joe's Bacon Jam on top, along with chopped pecans. :yum:

Heh. I was contemplating using my maple syrup spam!

SS, that sounds delicious, as does Kay's! :yum:

Last edited:
We wrap italian sausage (or any raw sausage) in plastic wrap and then bag. That seems to stop the freezer burn issue.

It just looked suspicious. I usually don't have a problem, but this time it was a name brand instead of a store brand. I'm glad I fried it up first before I added anything else!

Last edited:
I find that any kind of ground meat, including sausage, only last about 60-90 days max in the freezer. I can stretch that a bit if I package them in foodsaver bags, but it still doesn't last long-term.

OMG, Myron/Craig's chicken is GREAT! I told him instead of using the BGE next time to use the Horizon and make a double or triple batch so we can freeze some for other meals. He has a pic to post later of the beauts!

I gave some to my neighbor and his wife came back with the empty plate just praising these thighs. I told her the recipe came from a master champion, BBQ expert.

37240-albums1042-picture6457.jpg

Back
Top Bottom