What y'all making for the Super Bowl today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gabagoo

Cook
I have a few friends coming over to watch the game and will have Chili and some form of home made salsa, and I am going to make some butter chicken and a salad. Oh and plenty of beer!!!
What you guys doing?

unfortunately I will be making overly processed sub sandwiches for drunks instead of chili cheese dogs and nachos for my family like I wanted to be.

I'm making pizza. Don't know how much of the game we'll watch. I know DH will avoid it like the plague!! He hates pro sports.

Smoke'n ribs now, teriyaki marinade on skirt steak, homemade marinade on thin sliced chuck arm, peel & eat shrimp w/wasabi and regular cocktail sauce, taco dip, may do a snow crab boil (crawfish style) w/corn on the cob, deep fried alligator nuggets, deep fried crawfish pies, and maybe some tamales.

All will be just small samples and some can be big if we get more teens over here. 15yr old boys can eat 10X their body wt sometimes.;):LOL:

Am ready for just our family, 4, but prepared for 3-5 more teens come'n last minute.....as always.:rolleyes:

Today is usually "try it" day. I try to come up w/something fun/new......but have the basics ready for my usual flop.:(;):LOL:

Finger foods. I'm mixing up some dip right now, have various cheeses and crackers, may cook some wings... maybe have a beer or two...

Shoe shopping, I'm heading out as soon as the first pre-game show appears on the TV.

Going with the ever popular hot wings and veggies and blue cheese dip.

Not much into football here. Glenn and I are going to the local theatre this afternoon for a performance of Dearly Departed, which is a pretty hilarious comedy. My brother is one of the performers and we've seen him in it at another theatre. We're really looking forward to it because it IS so funny.

As for food, lazy day. I have a huge crock-pot full of beef stew-like stuff, some dough ready to make Pennsylvania Dutch slippery dumplings to serve it over, a loaf of homemade French bread and lots of funeral cake for dessert.

Depending on how things go, we may look at a few of the Super Bowl commercials. At any rate, best wishes to those of you who will be cheering on your favorite team!

2 kinds of hot wings (hot and hotter)
Blanched asparagas with a curry dip
Guacamole ans salsa
Orange Margaritas

SIL is bringing some sweets.

Shoe shopping, I'm heading out as soon as the first pre-game show appears on the TV.

:D

Although I am going to be alone for the game, I am going to try not to pout too much! I have some cheese dip and salsa. I'll go get some tortilla chips and have that. I have some other things in the fridge and I may whip up something special for myself. I have some turkey smoked sausage, peppers and onions....maybe saute those together and put on a bun w/ some marinara and under the broiler with some mozzarella?? Or I could forego the bun/cheese to save calories and just eat them like that.

Smoke'n ribs now, teriyaki marinade on skirt steak, homemade marinade on thin sliced chuck arm, peel & eat shrimp w/wasabi and regular cocktail sauce, taco dip, may do a snow crab boil (crawfish style) w/corn on the cob, deep fried alligator nuggets, deep fried crawfish pies, and maybe some tamales.

All will be just small samples and some can be big if we get more teens over here. 15yr old boys can eat 10X their body wt sometimes.;):LOL:

Am ready for just our family, 4, but prepared for 3-5 more teens come'n last minute.....as always.:rolleyes:

Today is usually "try it" day. I try to come up w/something fun/new......but have the basics ready for my usual flop.:(;):LOL:

can I come to your place?:ROFLMAO:

As soon as my morning jolt of coffee wakes me up. I'll get the smoker started.

So it's going to be a few racks of Mesquite smoked BBQ Beef Ribs. Chicken Sausages, Hot dogs. Made a potato salad and green salad last night. BBQ sauce let that sit over night in the fridge. And the usual chips, dips. Nacho's.

Go Packers!!! :LOL:

Munky.

Back
Top Bottom