Whatcha cooking Friday, Nov 18th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It was DH's birthday today, so I made T-bone steaks au poivre with mashed potatoes and a nice green salad served with a homemade garlic-rosemary-marjoram vinaigrette. I served it with beer (Milwaukee's Best Dry) and akvavit (Aalborg Jubilæums). The beer was the birthday boy's choice. I'm Danish, so if you serve beer with a fancy meal, there really should be akvavit.

IMG_2928.JPG
IMG_2929.JPG

No, we didn't manage to finish those steaks, even though they were yummy. Yes, we are both happily, tiddly.

taxlady said:
It was DH's birthday today, so I made T-bone steaks au poivre with mashed potatoes and a nice green salad served with a homemade garlic-rosemary-marjoram vinaigrette. I served it with beer (Milwaukee's Best Dry) and akvavit (Aalborg Jubilæums). The beer was the birthday boy's choice. I'm Danish, so if you serve beer with a fancy meal, there really should be akvavit.

No, we didn't manage to finish those steaks, even though they were yummy. Yes, we are both happily, tiddly.

OMG. The steaks could feed a small country, Taxlady. They look fantastic! Happy birthday, DH of Taxlady!

OMG. The steaks could feed a small country, Taxlady. They look fantastic! Happy birthday, DH of Taxlady!

Those were the smallest T-bone steaks I could find. :ohmy:

But they were tender enough to cut with a regular table knife. We didn't have to use the steak knives!

it was dh's birthday today, so i made t-bone steaks au poivre with mashed potatoes and a nice green salad served with a homemade garlic-rosemary-marjoram vinaigrette. I served it with beer (milwaukee's best dry) and akvavit (aalborg jubilæums). The beer was the birthday boy's choice. I'm danish, so if you serve beer with a fancy meal, there really should be akvavit.

img_2928.jpg
img_2929.jpg

no, we didn't manage to finish those steaks, even though they were yummy. Yes, we are both happily, tiddly.
beautiful

kezlehan said:
Cooking my tomato soup right now, so then everyone can choose whether to eat tomato soup or the leftover batch of mushroom soup tonight. Yes I'm in a soup mood :)

Do you mind sharing your recipe for your tomato soup?

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom