Whatcha Eatin Thursday October 2nd?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPBeier

Certified Cake Maniac
Moderator Emeritus
I am planning a clean out the fridge lunch for our main meal. TB will have salmon melts and I will have more nachos to use up the last of the refried beans.

What are you having?

We are at the new house for dinner tonight, having a friend over; baked garlic chicken, baked potatoes, tortillas, fresh peas and carrots and fresh pears for dessert.

The butcher shop in my local grocery store has started making bratwurst.

Tonight will be oven roasted brats, zucchini and a cucumber salad.

I'm marinating some country-style ribs in Weber's Chipotle marinade with a little added liquid smoke. The ribs will be grilled along with some roasted red potatoes and a veggie.

I was using up bits and pieces, so I made a concoction involving smoked bacon, shallots, chicken and mushroom with a creamy wholegrain mustard sauce, served with Charlotte potatoes, carrots and tender stem broccoli.

Well, I've met my match. Thai Prik Khing curry paste. Did one up with chicken, mixed veg, cashews and jasmine rice. My whole body broke out in a sweat. Love it. Going back for more...

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:
looks good, rock. i've always had prik king (or prig king) with green beans. i thought the name had something to do with then green beans, but i see it's a curry.

dw made a plain roasted chicken, so i ripped off the leg quarters and tossed them in buffalo sauce made with minced hot peppers from my garden. hoo-boy it's hot.
i'm taking it to work later. it's pizza night at work, so i'll shred the chicken and have buffalo chicken pizza.

Last edited:
looks good, rock. i've always had prik king (or prig king) with green beans. i thought the name had something to do with then green beans, but i see it's a curry.

dw made a plain roasted chicken, so i ripped off the leg quarters and tossed them in buffalo sauce. i'm taking it to work later. it's pizza night at work, so i'll shred the chicken and have buffalo chicken pizza.
Prik is chili and khing is ginger. The recipe calls for long beans but I didn't have any so I threw in a bag of frozen mixed veg.Thai prik khing curry paste, 4 oz can, Maesri brand, available online from ImportFood.com

Wife cooked venison spaghetti with meatballs tonight looks awesome. Just came in from doing yard work ill let y'all know how it was. I'm sure it's good as always. LolImageUploadedByTapatalk1412298010.843559.jpg

what's a 2 fish?

never heard of it. and i've caught a lot of things, including fish. :rolleyes:

did you mean the fish with 2 knees?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom