Whatcha eatin' today, Sunday Feb 9

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
dang it! I think my yeast is dead....brand new jar too. My dough has been rising for 30 minutes, and it's still the same as when it started.

I hear ya. I took some Rhodes bread dough out from the freezer last night, I think it's dead too. Still looks the same as when I took it out.

We have various leftovers to finish, and I just made some clam dip with Greek yogurt.

From where I sit you are one of the kids on the board! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

We always redeemed ours when my Mother was broke and needed a cheap and flashy shower or wedding present.
That's what I was thinking. ;)

I remember the green stamps. I won 10 books of green stamps in a raffle at the movies. My mum made me give them to her, since she had paid for the movie ticket. :glare: Other than that, I never won anything as a kid.

I have taken the last chunk of pork loin out of the freezer. I think we will have pot of pig, but it might be schnitzel. Either way, there will be a bunch left over to make the other dish tomorrow or Tuesday. It's a 1.2 kg (2 2/3 lbs) chunk.

Probably just leftovers here tonight. I'm still bagged from yesterday's cooking/cleaning marathon. That 5lb prime rib fed 6 of us and there are enough leftovers for the two of us and maybe a little extra ImageUploadedByDiscuss Cooking1391980160.796069.jpg
Lots of leftover scalloped potatoes, might need to add a veg, not much of the green beans left. They were tasty btw, I sautéd them with thin sliced onion in butter and added some jarred fire roasted mild peppers at the end for some color. Oh leftover chocolate hazelnut torte too! ?

I have a round steak defrosting. I'll slice part of it up and prep some stroganoff for a quick dinner Mon. or Tues. Tonight is chicken fried steak, home fries and cream gravy with some leftover asparagus and a salad. We keep a couple of windowboxes under a light planted with salad greens. There's enough baby kale to go with a fennel bulb, avocado, some red onion and maybe some mandarin oranges, with an orange vinaigrette.

I am making breaded boneless pork loin chops, mixed veggies, mashed taters and gravy tonight.

Corn bread, chili, poppers.
39817-albums933-picture5830.jpg

Braising pork chops with some mushrooms and onions - had to substitute the white parts of new Vidalia onions as I ran out of regular onions. How do I let that happen? Going to serve over some reheated leftover purple rice for a bizarre color combination.
Green beans with chopped red potatoes and some sliced radish and cucumbers for sides.

Waffles. Ham. Eggs. I made a pan of lemon bars today too.

S&P that's a nice assortment of chilies, more chilies and chilli. And that's interesting use of a CI griddle for the charger plate. It has a nice lip on it.

Last edited:
We had a turkey breast with gravy, scalloped potatoes, and some nice fresh steamed kale.

With love,
~Cat

I have taken the last chunk of pork loin out of the freezer. I think we will have pot of pig, but it might be schnitzel. Either way, there will be a bunch left over to make the other dish tomorrow or Tuesday. It's a 1.2 kg (2 2/3 lbs) chunk.
It was Linda's pot of pig with rødkål and potatoes.

1743714_10153810329160191_1552207078_n.jpg

We're going to Swiss Chalet for an early Valentine's Day Dinner because TB works that night and I will be celebrating his sister's birthday with the rest of the family.

I didn't know we were doing this today and am not ready, mainly because I am making his card and present and he is around 24/7 making sure I am feeling well and have everything I need - I am not complaining at all, but it does make surprises difficult.

Anyway, he got me a huge card with a big puppy on it and a sweet sentiment ....and Season four of Downton Abbey which I haven't been able to get anywhere. Yay, the withdrawal symptoms were killing me! :LOL:

Needless to say, I am a very happy Valentine. So now you all know the truth, TB stands for my Teddy Bear or something close to it! :wub:

I didn't know we were doing this today and am not ready, mainly because I am making his card and present and he is around 24/7 making sure I am feeling well and have everything I need - I am not complaining at all, but it does make surprises difficult.

I bought a couple of B-day cards for Shrek, I spaced out where I put them and they sat on top of the toaster for two days in a small bag. I had been back and forth to work, sleeping, etc. and him around 24 hours a day. He never found the cards.:LOL:

Great pics, salt, bunny, and taxlady! They all had me drooling. Everyone's dinners tonight sound so good.

Bacon and eggs here tonight. :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom