Whatcha Eatin Tuesday Sept 12/17?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPBeier

Certified Cake Maniac
Moderator Emeritus
We are having Costco rotisserie chicken with Caesar Salad.

Well, I will be having some chicken in my salad while TB will have some salad with his chicken! ;)

So far I have the deviled eggs made. I'm making a pot of chili (is this even a good idea the day before we hit the road? [emoji46] ) and maybe salad to use up most of the remaining baby spinach.

I found some flank steak on sale last week and a piece of it is thawed and in the fridge. I think I'm going to use up the last of the oyster sauce and have oyster sauce beef over rice tonight.

Yum all!
Lydia, I love Costco Chicken and did you buy their Caesar Salad as well?

Not sure I know snip, but hello!

Ross, what kind of cake did you make?

CG, safe journey back to MA.

RT, I haven't made Oyster Beef in forever.
It will be added to next weeks meal planning!

As for our evening repast, I am attempting my very first
Beer Butt Chicken!
Wish me luck :chef:

These are two rather small pieces of salmon. I have smothered them in the left-over Peruvian sauce from the chicken. Thinking I'll pan fry them.

Attachments

• 20170912_160526.jpg
    20170912_160526.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 164
I took a cod filet out of the freezer this morning, I think I'll toaster-oven it with sliced lemon. Probably steamed and buttered broccoli for a side.

I am going to make a Monte Cristo grilled sandwich on sour dough w/ thin sliced chicken and ham. Paid through the nose for a smsll wedge of jarlsberg swiss at the store. Usually buy at Costco, and despite how large their wedges are, it keeps well.

Yum all!

Beer Butt Chicken!

I have been making this vanilla cake from "averiecooks" for some time now.. Being new @ cakes I have found her cake recipes to be the lightest and fluffiest of those I've tried... This is for an 8X8 pan but, I use 2 6" pans.. Serve one and freeze the other for later.. I didn't use the suggested glaze though.. I made a cream cheese/butter frosting..
https://www.averiecooks.com/2014/09/vanilla-cake-with-vanilla-bean-browned-butter-glaze.html

Ross

Attachments

• Vanilla Cake 002.jpg
    Vanilla Cake 002.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:
Italian inspired dinner. Grilled boneless chicken breasts with an Italian dry rub (basil, oregano, parsley), faux risotto Milanese in the Zoji, caprese salad.

Cleaning out the freezer. SO had a bowl of beef barley soup with mushrooms and I had a bowl of chili with cheese, a corn muffin and a beer.

And the winner is (drum roll)

Salisbury steak, mock mashed potatoes, and canapes, oops, excuse me, a can of peas. Pecan pie with whipped cream for dessert.

Last edited:
DW made turkey meataballs and orecchiette pasta.

I'm amazed at how good she's gotten at making meataballs. I taught her years ago, and now they blow mine away. They are so tender and flavorful.

I'll have to peek over her shoulder to get some tips next time, lol.

I snacked on those after I picked up my boy from football practice. Not practice, actually, but watching game film, and studying plays. And this is only the 8th grade. :ermm:

After we got home, I snacked on the Mrs.'s meataballs, and am now picking up Chinese take out on my way into work: Roast Pork Yat Gaw Mein soup, and a deep fried 1/2 chicken with veggie fried rice.

Last edited:
I have been making this vanilla cake from "averiecooks" for some time now.. Being new @ cakes I have found her cake recipes to be the lightest and fluffiest of those I've tried... This is for an 8X8 pan but, I use 2 6" pans.. Serve one and freeze the other for later.. I didn't use the suggested glaze though.. I made a cream cheese/butter frosting..
https://www.averiecooks.com/2014/09/vanilla-cake-with-vanilla-bean-browned-butter-glaze.html

Ross

Perfect size for that Pioneer Women Cake Stand btw! :chef:

Yum all!

Beer Butt Chicken!

002.JPG

003.JPG

005.JPG

I think I did okay, could have pulled it a bit sooner,
roasted for 55 minutes for a 4 pound birdie, the
breast was a touch dry.
Can you say Chicken Noodle Soup?!

KGirl, no I made my own Caesar.....um but I did use Costco dressing, romaine and parmesan so yeah, in a way I guess I did use their salad! :LOL:

I added avocado to the salad I had and crumbled a little bacon into TB's but both of those products came from Costco as well!

We had the last of Sunday's leftovers - broiled pork chops, rice, and sweet peas. Added some gravy to it, and cantaloupe for dessert. Slice of pumpkin roll for a snack later.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom