Whatcha eatin' Wednesday, 3-5-14?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

taxlady

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
Okay, have I missed finding the dinner thread once again? If so, please merge this with today's supper thread.

We had meatloaf, rødkål, salad with blue cheese dressing, and rice for supper. The blue cheese dressing had a funny texture, but it tasted great. The rest was pretty darned good too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Coffee rubed Rib-Eye, garlic bread, Pea soup w/ smoked ham & mushrooms, stuffed artichoke w/ shallot,mushroom,cheese.

Last edited:
I had a huge lunch, made by our Filipino Nurses as a donation dinner $10 a plate. I had Chicken Adobo, rice, egg roll and a chicken noodle dish, I keep forgetting to ask the name of it, but I would eat buckets of it if allowed.

The dinner was in support of one of our nurses who is in the hospital with her tiny baby who had to be taken too soon. He is doing okay, Mom has had 4 surgeries in the past three weeks. He's so tiny, I could hold him in one hand.

SO and I did individual medley tonight. SO had a sloppy joe and I had an Armenian dish. A soup made with chicken broth, mint, garlic and handmade stuffed dumplings.

Soup and sandwich. Now can I do any ol' soup and sandwich? Nah. Made a two-person amount of Quick Cream of Mushroom soup with a few tweaks (added a bit of tarragon, granulated garlic, and a dash each of paprika and sherry), and grilled cheese sandwiches. Himself had smoked gouda with grilled sweet onion and tomato on semolina bread. I had sourdough with sauteed mushrooms and fontina.

Attachments

• 2014-03-05 21.35.07.jpg
    2014-03-05 21.35.07.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 195
Stuffed dumplings??? Would you care to share???

This should explain: Scroll down to the Armenian section.

Manti (dumpling) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I confess I bought the dumplings when I went to the Armenian stores with my daughters last Saturday. They are better than the ground beef and shells version I make. I'd make my own but I don't have the patience to make a gazillion little dumplings for a meal.

I was all set to make BBQ pork steaks with red beans and rice, but I was accosted by the Girl Scouts when leaving the grocery store with my pork steaks.
So after eating a tube of peanut butter cookies after I got home, I just had the red beans and rice.

I had a huge lunch, made by our Filipino Nurses as a donation dinner $10 a plate. I had Chicken Adobo, rice, egg roll and a chicken noodle dish, I keep forgetting to ask the name of it, but I would eat buckets of it if allowed.

The dinner was in support of one of our nurses who is in the hospital with her tiny baby who had to be taken too soon. He is doing okay, Mom has had 4 surgeries in the past three weeks. He's so tiny, I could hold him in one hand.
What a very kind thought. I hope baby and Mum are continuing to do well.

Coffee rubed Rib-Eye, garlic bread, Pea soup w/ smoked ham & mushrooms, stuffed artichoke w/ shallot,mushroom,cheese.
Hmm, Coffee rubbed rib-eye! Never heard of that technique. Is it fresh coffee grounds pressed on to the meat before grilling? As with coarse ground black pepper? Info please, as I might try it the next time I do steak. Does it work with other meats - say pork chops?

Hmm, Coffee rubbed rib-eye! Never heard of that technique. Is it fresh coffee grounds pressed on to the meat before grilling? As with coarse ground black pepper? Info please, as I might try it the next time I do steak. Does it work with other meats - say pork chops?

T= tbsp, t= tsp
Coffee Rub
6-T fine ground coffee or expresso
2-T sea salt
2-T paprika
2-T brown sugar
2-T black pepper
2-t onion powder
2-t garlic powder
1-t corinder
1/2-t cayenne pepper

Back