Whatcha Got for the Pot, Dinner 13 Feb 2012.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
image-2229417840.jpg

Fried shrimp turned out yummy. Ended up doing a double coating of egg, flour, egg, flour. Made the coating thicker but still light. It's a lot for 2 people, but we'll manage.

Flour coated fried large bay scallops, waffle cut deep fried potatoes, coleslaw.
Scallops double coated in a mix of wheat and potato flour with bay seasoning and deep fried for 2 1/4 minutes at 370F.

Last edited:
we had my favourite box mix comfort food dinner. shake-n-bake pork chops, stove top stuffing, and a bagged salad.

I have some mussels and clams leftover from last night and lots of juice from the pot also. I will add some shrimp and make a seafood chowder, with crusty bread, some kind of salad.
Never went with the salad. I got too involved in Coronation Street and wine. I got a bit of separation with the soup, but that can be expected 'cus I only had half and half......

Attachments

• DSC00294.jpg
    DSC00294.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 155
  • DSC00299.jpg
    DSC00299.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 155
I'm doing "clean out the fridge" at my folks' house. I made a pork roast on Friday, there is some of that left, wild rice, white rice, meatloaf from last night. I'm doing a "buffet" where each picks what they want--green beans and tossed salad are all I have to prepare.

Everyone's dinners sound great. I had a meeting until 5 then had to get the car from the shop so.... tonight was a freezer & microwave fall-back. Hormel Beef Pot Roast, mixed veg, and then "baked" potatoes.

Still sick from a stomach virus so the DH had leftover potroast, the youngin had frootloops and I had to make a pasta salad for a potluck tomorrow. The smells was enough for me.

Yuck, Merlot. Feel better soon!

Leftover fritatta and roasted cauliflower. Snack of microwave potato chips with cottage cheese. The texture of the chips is great, I need to play around with the seasonings.

Last edited:
What are you wrapping the cheeseburgers around? :LOL:
Hopefully some pork BBQ.
:LOL: I came up with cheeseburger wraps one evening when we wanted cheeseburgers but were out of buns. I brown broken up ground beef. Then I put a couple slices of American cheese on a flour tortilla, spoon on some ground beef, then we add whatever we feel like adding, such as shredded lettuce, chopped tomato, chopped onion, pickle slices, ketchup, and mustard, then "wrap." :cool:

:LOL: I came up with cheeseburger wraps one evening when we wanted cheeseburgers but were out of buns. I brown broken up ground beef. Then I put a couple slices of American cheese on a flour tortilla, spoon on some ground beef, then we add whatever we feel like adding, such as shredded lettuce, chopped tomato, chopped onion, pickle slices, ketchup, and mustard, then "wrap." :cool:

So... yer not really wrapping a cheeseburger around something then? Pity...

:mrgreen:

That's a good one. I seem to remember this one popping up last year? Anyway, I made it and it was a big winner. I just wish burger would go for a decent price around here. It never goes on sale and I hate paying bloated prices for meat. I usually buy my meat when it is on sale every week. Burger never seems to go on sale. I pass hundreds of cows every day on my way around the valley, but I can't get decent priced ground beef. Frustrating the way things work.

Costco. If you don't have a membership, stop by my place next time you head for Montreal and I'll bring you.

We had a tomato based soup with collards from the garden, homemade andouille sausage and corn bread like dumplings.:yum:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom