Whatcha Havin' Tonight? 4-28-16

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CraigC

Master Chef
We have tickets for a 7:30 PM performance of Celtic Women and a reservation for 5:15 PM at a close by restaurant. Hows about you?

I am truly of the belief that Joyce's husband is addicted to polenta. I shall steal his phone and call his doctor.

He asked to put some chicken of the polenta!! I must find how to do this! Perhaps to chop the cooked chicken and add this, yes?

Joyce will be making her lovely quiche with broccoli, bacon, ham and cheese.

We shall also have a nice salad.

We get another United Way fundraiser take-n-bake tonight, so it's lasagna and garlic bread! And probably some kind of salad and dessert. But who cares, we get lasagna! My inner Garfield is coming out.

We get another United Way fundraiser take-n-bake tonight, so it's lasagna and garlic bread! And probably some kind of salad and dessert. But who cares, we get lasagna! My inner Garfield is coming out.

I'm coming to your place.

I'm coming to your place.

Come on over! The UW dinners are supposed to feed 4, we find we get at least 6 if not more servings from them. Not bad for $20, and made by a bunch of farm ladies who know what they're doing!

Tonight will probably be chicken breast, saffron and mushroom rice pilaf, pan gravy and carrots and peas.

Roast chicken, and fresh green beans with mushrooms and onions. A bowl of watermelon for dessert.

I'm warming up some crawfish pie that I bought in the frozen section of my local supermarket. It's good enough but not great by any means.

It's been a cool, rainy day, so something warming is in order. I thawed a quart of chicken-lentil stew with carrots and onions and served it with toasted homemade Asiago bread.

Attachments

• 1461889839205.jpg
    1461889839205.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 194
Last edited:
We're watching grandbaby tonight, as daughter and SIL are going out for SIL's birthday. Wife requested pizza, as it's easy to eat while we're preoccupied. Thin crust pizza with some baby spinach and sliced tomatoes.

i picked up a rotisserie chicken from the hot foods at the local Giant Eagle. And I made some egg noodles, gravy, a veg to go with it along with a rustic sourdough loaf (from a local bakery).

Wife was miffed because I had originally said I'd pick up fried chicken from the hot foods (they were out), and I had said I'd be making mac and cheese to go with it. :) She has a crushed disc in her back, so I have to do all the cooking/cleaning. I don't really hold myself to what I previously said I am going to make. But I stick to roughly what I say I will prepare.

Maybe I'll print out a menu for the week ahead and present it to her on Sunday. Remember those from school?

Last edited:
A Dinner of Remembrance

My Father passed away 20 years ago this week and for some reason, he must have been with me. For no reason, I made soft Tacos the way that he did, I NEVER do that, mainly `cuz my husband doesn't care for that. But tonight was different...
I browned some lean ground Turkey
add a tablespoon of my homemade Taco Seasoning Mix
along with a half tablespoon of flour, about 2/3 cup water,
simmer
heat 5 (three for DH and 2 for moi) Flour Tortillas in the Microwave oven
sprinkle a small about of shredded Colby Jack cheese first on the warm tortilla
top with a healthy spoonful of Taco Meat
to that top with chopped Tomatoes, sweet onions, bagged iceberg lettuce mix, diced green peppers, sliced black olives and finally chunky salsa
with a side of chunked watermelon
001.JPG
My Dad would say that if a Taco dripped down your arm, it was a good one
Dad, this was great and I know your smiling, sitting here at the table with us.

Last edited:
Spicy taco goodness.

I had freshly cooked supermarket BBQ chicken pieces, coleslaw, potato salad, Hawaiian brand rolls.
Their BBQ'd chicken is almost better than I can cook in my oven. :LOL:

Last edited:
Short on time, long on hunger, so I fried up some ground beef, in chili seasoned beans and diced tomatoes, added all sorts of ground peppers from the spice cupboard, and called it "Chili". Himself added raw onions and shredded cheese, I went with cheese only. We each had a chunk of baguette from yesterday.

...Wife was miffed because I had originally said I'd pick up fried chicken from the hot foods...
I hope it's her discomfort that made her miffed. Even if my hubby was serving up cold cereal for supper once in a while, I'd be happy just knowing that I didn't have to make it or clean up from it, and that he cared enough to feed me. ~ That menu idea works only if the grocery store doesn't run out of what you've planned. ;)

:mad::mad::mad::mad: ERR, **@^%&*! Last night was the first time we have ever gone to see a live performance at the Broward Center. We didn't know that the seats we purchased included a buffet and open bar. We would have much preferred the buffet to the dinner we had!:( Live and learn. The group is actually Celtic Woman not women, my bad.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom