Whatcha Having? Sat. March 21

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Planning for angel hair pasta with garlic and evoo and red pepper flakes, have some stuffed mushrooms ready and waiting, will be making a green salad with butter lettuce.warm french rolls and butter.No special dessert, there i plenty of ice cream if anyone is desperate:LOL:
kadesma

Burgers tonight. Fries, and a big old salad and for dessert, fresh homemade blueberry pie with vanilla ice cream. Mmmmmm!

I'm making Mark something with chicken legs.... not sure on the preparation or recipe yet or what the sides are going to be. I just got home from grocery shopping, and I haven't given it serious thought. We are soon to head out to see a movie. So, I'll figure something out when I get home.

As for me, I have no idea.... haven't had much of an appetite today.

A single friend living alone told me yesterday that she'd made WAY TOO MUCH chicken wild rice soup. She'd already given a meal's worth to some shut in/can't cook friends. Could she come over with soup and whatever else I ask for and have dinner here tonight? (She's self-conscious about her housekeeping). We said, sure. I'm making a salad and putting out crackers and cheese (both she and my husband are borderline diabetics, so this, rather than bread, makes it easy for them to judge how many carbs they need besides the rice in the soup). Luckily none of us are sweets eaters. SO we'll sit and sip and talk. Sounds like a pleasant evening coming up.

Left overs. London broil and some potatoes. I need to make a sauce for the meat, it was a little lacking the fist day. I wish I had some veggies I could roast but DD has the car so I'm stuck with potatoes.

I picked up some pretty shrimp at the grocery and will have a big green salad (or slaw, I'll let dh do the choosing) with baked potatoes probably, or maybe parsley new potatoes. Our dessert lately is almost always strawberries, and will be again tonight.

Grilling burgers and some andouille sausage that we mad in class this week. Not sure what we'll have with it yet.

I got a horrible head cold and my sinuses have been throbbing for 2 days, so it's chicken and rice soup, a hot bath and warm compresses across my eyes and forehead.

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well. Hope that chicken soup does the trick and you're up and around soon!

Spent a large part of the day running around and discovered I was quite tired when I arrived home. Even took a bit of a nap in the recliner late in the afternoon, so I was feeling lazy. I warmed up some leftover split pea soup and had a few oatmeal-raisin-nut cookies that I baked this afternoon.

Kim pulled some smoked ribs out of the freezer, and with that we're having instant brown rice cooked with chicken broth, and canned mixed stir-fry vegetables added after the rice is done.

P.s., after action report, we had a lovely evening. Sat and talked and enjoyed her soup, and sat and talked some more after it. What a great time.

I'm making Mark breaded, baked chicken legs, Baked Rice Pilaf Recipe : Recipezaar, corn and garlic bread.

When I'm done with all that, I'm going to finally have a fish taco.

This was Mark's dinner.

img_804974_0_d8b3761488deea78fde2629c8b3d53be.jpg

Last night my bf had a serious craving for Chinese food. I don't like Chinese food so I don't blame him for his insane craving, considering he rather eats it.
He placed a large order (leftovers) and I went to a place nearby and got a massive cheeseburger with dill pickles and mayo , fries and gravy . :)

Back
Top Bottom