Whatcha Lovin' for the Oven? Monday March 19/12

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPBeier

Certified Cake Maniac
Moderator Emeritus
Today is poultry day and I have been looking forward to making Dave's Yorkshire chicken since he first posted it! Asparagus and baked potatoes are the sides.

What are you dinner plans?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a package of Italian chicken sausages. I don't actually know why I have them, must be something SO got as a freebee.

I guess I'll grill them and use up the l/o potatoes from last night as a side.

Let's see..

Finish off the Shrimp & Okra Gumbo....
Fried Chicken......
Green Beans......
Mac & Cheese..........
The last of a pot of greens.......
Maybe some cornbread.....
Chocolate Ice Cream for sure!!!

Baked sweet potato with salad and salad cream for me. First time trying sweet potatoes so fingers crossed!

we already had hunters chicken (ckn with bbq sauce, bacon and cheese) corn on the cob, paprika potatoes, baked mushrooms and tomatoes with a splash of balsamic vinegar.

It was lush and I am completely stuffed. I am having a can't be bothered menu this week as we are all exhausted after a run of viruses.

Carpaccio, marinated roasted peppers and fried eggplant from the garden.

I'm still full from my lunch of left over corned beef, cabbage, onions, potatoes, and carrots (and don't forget butter, which is a food in its own right when you're talking corned beef and cabbage!) that I can't even think of what to fix for supper! I do know strawberry shortcake will be part of it. Maybe we'll just have strawberry shortcake for supper! :wacko:

Today is poultry day and I have been looking forward to making Dave's Yorkshire chicken since he first posted it! Asparagus and baked potatoes are the sides.

I've been thinking of doing this too! Going to use thighs and breasts and see how it goes.

Steak sandwiches and potato salad. Thin sliced chuck with shredded lettuce, tomato and garlic mayo on toasted kaiser rolls. Potato salad is store bought red bliss.

Just getting ready to head home. Helping my ex with the house. She is not feeling well so I made up some spaghetti with oil and garlic, and a broiled chicken breast for my daugter(one of her favorites). It made me hungry for pasta so, I will make some prima vera when I get home...

I've been thinking of doing this too! Going to use thighs and breasts and see how it goes.

Let me know how you like the recipe.

It is poultry night here too. I'm roasting a chicken,spatchcock style, over onions, celery, and carrots. I'll be making roasted brussel sprouts and green beans as the veggies.

Simple & efficient: Frozen spinach & Swiss quiche, tomato & corn soup with a little beef base for added flavor & a slice of potato bread. For dessert that chocolate pie I threw together yesterday - topped with a scoop of Talenti Coconut Gelato.

Glenn and I have been doing nothing but work, work, work today, (all quite physical) so it will be nice to reprieve our corned beef dinner of last night. There were lots of leftovers and I'm so tired I'm not sure I'll have the energy to reheat our meal. No doubt we'll sleep like rocks tonight.:wacko:

Macaroni and meatballs with a salad.

I need to switch over to summer cooking, this warm spell is making me crave picnic foods! :yum:

since the weathee is unnaturally warm, i fired up the grill and made sbr brushed chicken legs, asparagrass, and i tried grilling scallions for my first time. the scallions were really good but the thin layers burned easily.

I'm making a big pot of cabbage soup from the leftover cabbage I smoked the other day.

Back
Top Bottom