Whatcha' make, Jake? Dinner 26/10/2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I learned to cook them frozen from you. These are from Costco and are frozen in a block so had to be defrosted.

:) cool.
I went shopping today and actually have a 3 lb bag of frozen and two pkgs of fresh, but no motivation. If you lived closer I'd give you all of them if you would cook them and give me a dozen pieces :yum: I'd at least cut the celery, but no carrots. I'm too lazy to peel :LOL:

:) cool.
I went shopping today and actually have a 3 lb bag of frozen and two pkgs of fresh, but no motivation. If you lived closer I'd give you all of them if you would cook them and give me a dozen pieces :yum: I'd at least cut the celery, but no carrots. I'm too lazy to peel :LOL:

I was buying the IQF wings from Costco but didn't like the wide variation in sizes. Some were really too small to bother with. These are fresh wings sealed in portion packs of six wings each with six packs sold as one item. I would use two packs of wings for a meal. Maybe later this week.

I was buying the IQF wings from Costco but didn't like the wide variation in sizes. Some were really too small to bother with. These are fresh wings sealed in portion packs of six wings each with six packs sold as one item. I would use two packs of wings for a meal. Maybe later this week.

I had to look twice at the one row of wings I saw today to make sure they came from a chicken and not a turkey. Luckily the row down had smaller, more normal sized ones.
Way too much variation. A lot more than there used to be.

I went with the leftovers tonight. I slowly warmed up the rice and steak in the nuker while making the gravy and frying two sunny side up eggs. It was basically a loco moco, but with steak instead of burger.

My wife got back from London today, so to celebrate the occasion I made Chilean Sea Bass with a saffron cream sauce, and a side of wilted Swiss Chard.

img_1313860_0_4d47b4768f0b6746b412a9ea794b5d31.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks PF! I need to mess around with the seasonings, not quite what a ND shrimp burger tastes like....

I think the worst of it will be darn sarf Harry but keep your sou wester on just in case , we are made of stern stuff up north .

Shall hang my head in shame at having a cheese and ham toastie for tea, ran out of steam , need someone to cook for me !!! Promise to do better tomorrow got Delias parsnip roulade planned .......
kept me callard & bowsers on too hun.....it was canal street after all:ermm::ohmy::LOL:!!.seems like vuh sarff is going to get a re run of '86....won't get too smug tho' we got hammered oop noath in '87:ohmy:!
no shame in a toastie hun...first thing i order from the poolside bar when i'm on me jollies.....talking about poolside i'll nip over t'pool & rustle you up a plate of scran if you like:)!

Oh Harry!.....ooooooh, Harry, Harry, Harry.....you've done it again, a feast for our eyes (and watering mouths).

I roasted a chicken, too late to eat last night, but saved it for a curry chicken casserole with apples, got it simmering now, 9AM Sunday.....taking it to the nuns' hermitage to share for lunch. They will prepare veggies to go with.....

Oh Harry!.....ooooooh, Harry, Harry, Harry.....you've done it again, a feast for our eyes (and watering mouths).

I roasted a chicken, too late to eat last night, but saved it for a curry chicken casserole with apples, got it simmering now, 9AM Sunday.....taking it to the nuns' hermitage to share for lunch. They will prepare veggies to go with.....
steady on soma,now i know you ladies like to get your teeth into a well hung piece of meat as much as anyone:ermm:but,dash it all, spontaneous outbursts of ecstacy such as your's could leave a chap,well,giddy & all unnecessary to say the least:ermm::ohmy::LOL:!!
that would be a big thank you soma,much appreciated:)!!.nice thought you making food to share...i like that....i like that a lot:)!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom