What's Cookin', Good Lookin' ? 4/6 - Monday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Tonight's Effort ;
Smoked Brats on a bed of Peppers & Onions, Air Fries, Buttered Shoe Peg Corn....

Brats, Smoked, Shoepeg Corn.jpg

We had a freezer offering of lasagna, a pitiful serving of fresh sauteed asparagus and some delicious garlic toast made with homemade sourdough whole wheat bread.

DH made up some taco meat and we had taco bowls. It was sort of enhanced nachos, because we used low salt tortilla chips. Whatever you call it, it was delicious. I wish I had remembered to take pictures.

I cooked up a pot of pinto beans and we had corn bread and a cabbage salad to go with. Apple hand pies for dessert. Feeling virtuous - it was cheap, delicious and we have leftovers. No pies however... they went fast.

Takeout pizza from the wood fired oven place plus arugula salad.

Attachments

• 2020-04-06 19.12.38.jpg
    2020-04-06 19.12.38.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 87
convection oven chicken wings. One hot and dry and other with an Asian Zing sauce. Of course the standard celery and carrots with Blue cheese dressing. Very good.

Last night we had "Asopao". A Puerto Rican stew with vegetables, rice and spiced ground chicken. It called for a spice, Za'atar. We didn't have any but I did have a recipe on how to make it. DH made the spice blend. After all that work, sorry to say, I didn't like it. DH said it was ok but he would not make it again.

Last night we had "Asopao". A Puerto Rican stew with vegetables, rice and spiced ground chicken. It called for a spice, Za'atar. We didn't have any but I did have a recipe on how to make it. DH made the spice blend. After all that work, sorry to say, I didn't like it. DH said it was ok but he would not make it again.
Interesting that a Puerto Rican dish calls for za'atar, a Middle Eastern spice blend. Was it the za'atar, or other ingredients that you didn't like?

Hi GG, yes, I thought that strange also. The recipe did call for a lot of other ingredients, but the za"atar was the only one that we were not that familiar with. Actually, the only spice in the za'tar we were not familiar with was the sumac. Maybe that was what we were not too fond of. lol I got the recipe for the za'tar from BA in 2011 and the Asopao from F&W 2-20.

Hi GG, yes, I thought that strange also. The recipe did call for a lot of other ingredients, but the za"atar was the only one that we were not that familiar with. Actually, the only spice in the za'tar we were not familiar with was the sumac. Maybe that was what we were not too fond of. lol I got the recipe for the za'tar from BA in 2011 and the Asopao from F&W 2-20.

I always use this lady for PR recipes. Her chicken emapanada one is spot on. Maybe try her way next time. She has authentic PR recipes.

https://youtu.be/rI-5uy9gG04

Back
Top Bottom