What's Cookin' Good Lookin' 9/24

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Tonight's Quick & Simple.....
Grilled Ahi Steak in a lake of Orange Sauce, Mussels over Rotini with a Garlic-Butter Sauce.....

Ahi Grilled, Orange Sauce ; Rotini & Mussels in Garlic Butter.jpg

Tonight we're having French Dip sandwiches. I have plenty of leftover SV roast beef from Sunday and cheddar cheese. I'm making a jus and sautéing onions and mushrooms. SO got us some crusty rolls and potato salad.

Steamed shrimp with Chipotle/tomato salsa for dipping the shrimp and homemade blue corn tortillas that Craig fried up into chips, with a corn, avocado, poblano, red bell pepper and green onion salsa.

Attachments

• 2019-09-24 18.15.15.jpg
    2019-09-24 18.15.15.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 109
We had leftover beef from Sunday's French dip sandwiches, so I made hot beef sandwiches. :yum: Veggie sides were asparagus, and roasted beets, Brussels sprouts, and cauliflower.
IMG_20190924_203707510.jpg

Good looking dinners, all. There have been a few mentions of French Dip sandwiches the past few days, and that really has my mouth watering. I'm going to need to get the fixin's for that. :yum:

I also had nachos for this afternoon's dinner! Small fresh fruit salad for a side. No pics, but here's a file photo from a few years ago - pretty much the same but without the sour cream...I was out.

Attachments

• nachos.jpg
    nachos.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:
I was expecting Stirling to go play a dungeon game with a friend, but tonight's game was cancelled. I was fine to make supper for me, but not for the both of us. So, we ordered from Mr. Falafel. I had the falafel platter with tabouli instead of the regular salad and Stirling had the shish taouk (chicken cooked on a gyro) platter. Oh yeah, that was yummers.

I had no spoons today, so DH rustled up dinner. He dug around the freezer and found a pint of smoked pork from a couple months ago and a container of homemade cherry barbecue sauce from last year and put them together in a sauce pan. Steamed buttered green beans and tater tots for sides. Not a bad meal at all.

I had some leftover okra/chicken curry, but as a side dish I made a batch of long beans, cooked in a dry, Thoran style curry, with coconut oil and coconut, along with mustard and cumin seeds, onion, garlic, asafoetida, turmeric, and some curry leaves. I made this one time before, and I will be making it again - that coconut flavor of Keralan food appeals to me, like the coconut in many Thai dishes.

Back
Top Bottom