What's cookin' good lookin'? Fri. Jan17, 2014

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks guys. I'm glas I bumped into that blog and recipe.

So a pogo is a corndog?

The Legion is always, well, different. ;)

I've never tried a Pogo. They looked nasty. I'm kinda pleased to hear someone agree. I think the Merkans would call it a corn dog, but I'm not sure.
Yes. Corn dawg. Pogo is a brand name that defined the product up here. Just like Kleenex..

The Legion in Cobden is quite unique. It is the only licensed establishment in the community so it serves as the local bar also. Things can get quite, shall we say, eclectic in there some nights ?....:cool:

Last edited:
I've never tried a Pogo. They looked nasty. I'm kinda pleased to hear someone agree. I think the Merkans would call it a corn dog, but I'm not sure.
They call them Pronto Pups in these parts.

They do look nasty, but I'm still obliged to have one every year at the fair. There's just something about eating one outside with carnival music playing in the background that seems to make sense. ;)

Made a South West take on jambalaya. Used some of the spicy pablano sausage I made a couple weeks ago. Subbed pablano pepper for the green bell pepper in the trinity and used spices common in SW cooking. Also added some chicken thighs. Made some refried black beans and flour tortillas for sides. It came out pretty good.

They call them Pronto Pups in these parts.

They do look nasty, but I'm still obliged to have one every year at the fair. There's just something about eating one outside with carnival music playing in the background that seems to make sense. ;)
I have been known to eat one on occasion. I like them with mustard. Last night I had the fish....

I had everything ready to bake up the haddock loins in the freezer in a parchment packet with left-over peperonata....and then at the last moment discovered the frozen cod loins were actually frozen scallops.

Ah well...we had the scallops cooked from frozen in the parchment with the peperonata, accompanied by potato wedges and fresh steamed spinach. And a jolly good meal it was too. OH asked if we can put it on the 'keeper' list. Just goes to show how accidents can sometimes be good incidents - I would never otherwise have thought of cooking scallops from frozen!

Back
Top Bottom