What's cookin' on Sunday, March 12th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SierraCook

Master Chef
My dog woke me up early. So, I got up and made pancakes for breakfast. Then I went to the store and bought the ingredients to make 4 Bean Salad with kidney, garbanzo, wax, and green beans. The salad is marinating in the refrigerator. The longer it sits the better the salad is.

Currently, I have chicken breasts cooking to shred later for Chinese Chicken Salad for dinner.

Later, if I am up to it (I have a cold) I want to bake some Irish Soda bread as a trial run for the St. Paddy's Day dinner that I am cooking on Wednesday for my coworkers.

What are you cooking or baking today?

McDonald's for breakfast. Leftover gyros from last night for lunch.

Dinner...I haven't decided on yet. I'm leaning towards making some blackened alligator on the grill and siding it with bourboned sweet potatoes and crab cakes...but I've got some halibut filets in the freezer I'm getting on to the point I'm gonna have to use soon, so might go that route.

A friend of ours is 89 years old today. Since he lives alone, we've invited him over for supper and asked him to choose the menu. He requested meatloaf, mashed potatoes and gravy - so that's supper! I think I'll add green beans w/bacon and onions and biscuits with raspberry jam. I'm making him a birthday cake and since he loves ice cream, we'll have that, too.

Chicken/cheese Espanadas and rice. Dessert will be caramel apple empanadas, since I will have extra dough.

I'm going to "play around" and see if this turns out -

I am going to grill some romaine but then after grilled cut it in chunks. Then I'll toss it with (I'm still planning here): cilantro has to be in there, cucumbers, red onions, carrots, radishes, red bell peppers if they aren't $5.00 each, then I'll see what else looks good while I'm there. I'll also take all suggestions of what you might think would be good in here.

Then make my favorite combination for a dressing - soy sauce, sesame oil, fresh lime juice - probably will add some honey and maybe one of my dried red chilies for some heat.

Maybe I'll just pound out some chicken then dip in soy sauce and lime juice and grill to top it with.

kitchenelf said:
I'm going to "play around" and see if this turns out -

I am going to grill some romaine but then after grilled cut it in chunks. Then I'll toss it with (I'm still planning here): cilantro has to be in there, cucumbers, red onions, carrots, radishes, red bell peppers if they aren't $5.00 each, then I'll see what else looks good while I'm there. I'll also take all suggestions of what you might think would be good in here.

Then make my favorite combination for a dressing - soy sauce, sesame oil, fresh lime juice - probably will add some honey and maybe one of my dried red chilies for some heat.

Maybe I'll just pound out some chicken then dip in soy sauce and lime juice and grill to top it with.

KElf while you're firing up the grill, you might as well grill some mushroom to throw in that salad. Maybe portobellos?

I had to work from 4am til 11 this morning.... took a nap and got up. Hubby had a goofy look on his face and that only means one thing.... sausage gravy and biscuits. That was lunch. For dinner, planning on a grilled T-Bone with a 7 Shooter Spice rub and a large baked potato with a ceasar salad... pretty traditional, nothing to fancy, but should be tasty!

ironchef said:
KElf while you're firing up the grill, you might as well grill some mushroom to throw in that salad. Maybe portobellos?

Mushrooms didn't even cross my mind - grilled portabellas it is! Thanks IC

Jimmy is making fried chicken- I'm doing collards and biscuits.I'm also sauteeing the left over 'tatoes and carrots from yesterday!!

My good friend K is cooking tonight. We are invited to watch the season premiere of The Sopranos, but first feast on pasta w/Sunday gravy, large Italian salad, and cannolis before the show starts. K is one of those cooks who follows every recipe to the letter, but her food is alway abfab.

I hope I took a long enough nap. The Sopranos doesn't come on until 9 pm here and I have to get up so early..............

Kids have their small groups at church, so Hubby and I are taking in some Italian at a local restaurant called DePalma's! yuummy!

SierraCook said:
Amber, I love cooking roasts not only are the yummy, but as the cook they make the whole house smell good. What kind of vegetables are you going to roast?

I roasted carrotts, potatoes, onions, and green beans. And your right, the house smells great!

VickiQ said:
Jimmy is making fried chicken- I'm doing collards and biscuits.I'm also sauteeing the left over 'tatoes and carrots from yesterday!!

I have never made fried chicken, have no clue how to do that, but I love eating it:chef:

mudbug said:
My good friend K is cooking tonight. We are invited to watch the season premiere of The Sopranos, but first feast on pasta w/Sunday gravy, large Italian salad, and cannolis before the show starts. K is one of those cooks who follows every recipe to the letter, but her food is alway abfab.

I hope I took a long enough nap. The Sopranos doesn't come on until 9 pm here and I have to get up so early..............

She must be italian I guess since she calls it "gravy". I call it pasta sauce (tomatoe sauce). Sounds like a great dinner, pasta, salad, and cannolis, yumbo! Wish I had HBO but sadly I dont. Enjoy!

she's not eye-talian, amber. But she is originally from joisey, so that must count for something.

We don't have HBO either, so off to K's we go tonight. Better go take a shower and wake up some more.

Back
Top Bottom