What's Cookin' Thursday 11/12

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Air-Fryer Bone-In Chicken Breast, Mashed & Gravy , Peas & Corn.........
Holy Moley ! No Salad.........

Chicken Breast, Bone-in.jpg

I was in the mood for a Mexican or TexMex type dish, so I made some chili, with ground beef, and I added some canned black beans and some of that dried eggplant, rehydrated, while doing most of the rest of the dish. I cooked the beef in a sauté pan, but I tried using the Instant Pot, to speed up cooking the "sauce", but it just didn't taste right, so I added the beef to it, and let it simmer for about 30 min., but it still wasn't quite right, so I played with the seasonings, then added the beans, and put it on slow cook high, and after 30 minutes, added the drained eggplant, and simmered another 30 minutes, and finally, the flavor was coming around. So now I know, pressure cooking this kind of sauce does not speed up a long, slow simmer! I finished it by thickening with some masa harina, and had a couple of corn tortillas with it, and topped with some Monterey jack.
Chili, with some black beans and re-hydrated eggplant. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

I made a batch of twice baked potatoes, fried some Italian sausage, and sautéed some (thawed) frozen vegis with a new-to-us vindaloo paste. I threw in some chopped rainbow chard and a bit of yogourt at the end. Supper was deeeelicious. While we enjoyed the vegis, we decided that we prefer the vegi dish when I use the green masala from the same company. I will be freezing some of the leftover potatoes and will find out how well that works.

Attachments

• PXL_20201112_232552189.jpg
    PXL_20201112_232552189.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 72
Spaghetti with a quick and easy tomato sauce.

Attachments

• 73C48B23-6190-44C2-8AA1-6409BE427511_1_105_c.jpg
    73C48B23-6190-44C2-8AA1-6409BE427511_1_105_c.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 66
Chicken soup over brown rice topped with grated cheese.

chicken_soup_111220_IMG_7381.jpg

Jeannie wanted to run some errands so, she treated me to fish & chips @ the Village Inn. :yum:

For dessert (at home later) she had cheesecake, I had ice cream.

Ross

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom