What's cookin' today (7/15)?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For Lunch I made a homemade pizza crust and sauce then topped it with pepperoni, canadian bacon, bell pepper, onion, and lots of cheese. It was the first time for me to make a homemade pizza. It was so good. :)

I am on break from cooking for the masses, totl of 780 people to feed in banquets all day...

As for me, I am not even sure about what to do for lunch/dinner... wouldn't mind some Indian or Thai food.

Think we are pizza tonight. I'm boring. LOL. I think the corn on the cob thing sounds lovely though. The stands haven't really opened here yet, all I can get is the imported stuff at the grocery store. Might be worth a peek though.

I made choc chip ww pancakes for breakfast.
Lunch is undecided. We're going to the farmer's market today, so I'll probably find some delicious snack there.
Dinner will be a bbq at a friend's house. I'd better go frost the cake to take.

Paul made poached eggs for breakfast
we'll grab a burger while were out doing errands for lunch
and then the seafood pot luck is late this afternoon and into the night.

No cooking for me today!

I'm not sure yet. It's too hot to cook, all I want to do is stay in this AC room, it's the only one we have in the house. Probably grill some chicken and veggie kabobs, which reminds me, I forgot the dam charcoal when I was shopping today.:mad:

We're going to try a new recipe for chicken enchiladas and probably have a green salad or veggies with it. The enchiladas call for two cups diced cooked chicken: One of the easiest and most foolproof ways to do that, I've found, is to steep skinless, boneless breasts. Basically, you put them in a 3- to 4-quart pan filled halfway with water and bring just to boiling over high heat. Remove from the heat, cover tightly, and let rest undisturbed for 18 minutes. If the chicken is still a bit pink, let it stand a few more minutes. That's it! Best to then immerse it in ice water so that it doesn't continue to cook. You can then use it or chill it, airtight, for up to a day.

Grilled sirlion, baked potatoes and a garden salad. Plenty of cold beer, not a bad way to spend a Saturday evening.

later

Very hot here today, so we got a couple of rooms air conditioned with window units and fans. We expected the heat wave, but were expecting guests, so just sitting in front of the a/c was out of the question. I grilled chicken wings (marinaded in a soy/chili sauce). I cooked up some converted rice for a salad last night (if you're eating it cold, I like converted rice)(a ginger/sesame/lime dressing). Made some kim chee. We ate the wings more or less at room temp, and had cold rice salad and kimchee, and cold fruit for desert.

Last night's dinner was one of my favorite homemade Chinese stirfries - "Szechuan-Style Eggplant", served over white rice. The eggplant is cooked through & really absorbs the seasonings, yet remains quite firm, unlike most eggplant dishes.

It was also hot at my house last night and I did not feel like cooking anything complicated. So, I made a Caesar Salad with some leftover chicken, chopped romaine, Caesar dressing, croutons, and freshly grated parmesan cheese.

Back
Top Bottom