What's Cookin' Tuesday 10/26 ??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Baked Chilean Sea Bass, Peppered Rice, Peas 'n Carrots...

Chilean Sea Bass, Peppered Rice.jpg

Well, we three braved the bad karma in the air
and went to out to have Linner (late lunch/early dinner)
at a new-to-us Italian joint. It's just one town up, so
not so far to go.

IMG_E0970.jpg

IMG_E0971.jpg

Garlic Knots and Salad for the table

IMG_E0972.jpg

My Cheese Ravs Alfredo with an up-sell of Shrimps added :yum:

IMG_E0973.jpg

Mom's Chicken Parm, bigger than my head and there's at least a half a pound of Angel Hair Pasta under it! :blink:
The gal puts that platter down in front of Mom and says, you'll be eating this for three days :LOL:

IMG_E0974.jpg

DH's Cheese only Pizza Pie

At first DH said that we really didn't need the Salad and Garlic knots, but neither of Mom nor my entrees came with bread or salad, so... He wound up eating most of it, and some of Mom's Chicken too :king:

Had a bunch of stuff to do today, so I said we should order out from somewhere that will send food that doesn't need to go onto our own plates and won't leave a bunch of leftovers. I really don't need more dishes to wash and the fridge is already stuffed. So, we ordered burrito bowls. They were quite tasty. They seem to taste better when we don't have them too often.

I'm making an "Impossibly Easy Taco Pie"...one of the Bisquick "pies". We'll have guac, salsa and sour cream...plus tortilla chips. Probably some fresh blue berries and melon too.

Pictures, if I get a chance! LOL.

Sooooo very uninspired today. It was supposed to be ham and beans and collard greens, but I didn't want the greens - and the beans from Sunday's soup are still talking to me... I diced potatoes and onions, cooked until done, tossed in diced ham, and added a couple of scrambled eggs to sorta bind it together. Himself was in heaven!

IMG_20211026_211941683_HDR.jpg

I'm making an "Impossibly Easy Taco Pie"...one of the Bisquick "pies". We'll have guac, salsa and sour cream...plus tortilla chips. Probably some fresh blue berries and melon too.

Pictures, if I get a chance! LOL.

Love that, I make it not so often, as DH does not care for that sort of dish, but I'll make it up into 2 pies, one for me and one to share.

Impossible Taco Pie.jpg

Impossible Taco Pie1.jpg

Sooooo very uninspired today. It was supposed to be ham and beans and collard greens, but I didn't want the greens - and the beans from Sunday's soup are still talking to me... I diced potatoes and onions, cooked until done, tossed in diced ham, and added a couple of scrambled eggs to sorta bind it together. Himself was in heaven!

View attachment 49541

Sounds like American-ized Chilaquiles! Yum!

Um, not really like Chilaquiles at all, Ginny. No tomatoes, no "brothy sauce", no tortilla chips. I've wanted to make Chilaquiles but haven't tried it yet. Mostly because they're fun to say. :LOL: But it is quick and easy, like a skillet of Chilaquiles, so there's that. ;)

When I was a kid, my Mom always made me a certain breakfast on "Little Easter", the Monday right after Easter. She'd fry up some bacon pieces, take them from the pan, fry up a wee bit of onions and then toss in tiny Kluski kładzione (Polish drop dumplings) and ham. When those got warm she'd add scrambled eggs and the reserved bacon and cook until the eggs were set. I could eat an entire pan of that stuff! This is as close as I can make it on the fly.

Dinner last night was Meatloaf, gravy, garlic and parsley potatoes and steamed asparagus.

meatloaf_102621_IMG_8832.jpg

Taco Tuesday again! [emoji16] [emoji1166] I defrosted a pint of homemade enchilada sauce and a pint of spiced-up refried beans, poached two chicken breasts in salted water with a couple of bay leaves, and simmered the shredded chicken in the sauce for a while. Served it up with toasted tortillas and a few toppings. 20211026_193254.jpg

Back
Top Bottom