What's cookin', Tuesday, September 18th.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
thanks allen. that's been pretty much my recipe, adding a few cloves of garlic pushed into slits cut into the meat, and some paprika for the rub, but dw asked me to try to replicate my mom's pot roast. i'm gonna call her when i get home tonight.

Love a good pot roast recipe. Looking forward to it Bucky.

It's bowling night so I won't be cooking so I'm just going to eat some leftover spaghetti with garlic texas toast.

Chicken parmesan for us tonight with a side of pasta. The tomato sauce is fresh from our garden.

crab with lemon-butter to snack, & filet with bleu cheese, amandine, boiled parivians with truffleoil with seasonings.

Sofie had me up most of the night with teething pain. Even though she's not finished cutting her cuspids she's now dealing with her first 2 year molar, too (OMG, I will be so happy when she's finished teething--only 5 more to go!). Needless to say, it's turning into a long day and I know already taht DH will be late so I'm hoping he'll agree to picking up a pizza or sandwiches on the way home. I think I deserve that much!:ROFLMAO:

Oh PA, I'm so sorry! Tell DH to pick up a nice bottle of wine for that pizza too, and one for him if he wants any:-p!

I am roasting a turkey breast, my MIL is making her famous mashed potatoes, DH requested green bean casserole and some cranberries on the side. Maybe rolls, not sure. Fresh apple pie with 'nilla ice cream for dessert.

There's so much food in the fridge, I think it may explode. Did a lot of food shopping. In my travels, went to one of my fave huge markets- Ralph's, & always get a little carried away in the deli & make your own salad dept. Picked up some zucchinni pancakes, crab cakes, bow tie mozzarella/tomato salad, a veggie pasta salad, a huge half of an eggplant stuffed w red and green peppers, pine nuts, & herbs, a side of brown rice & mixed veggies, crab salad. Cooked up some Omaha's chicken & veggie kebobs and beef kebobs with teriyaki sauce & put it in the freezer - may add couscous zukes & tomatoes in a pita pocket w tzaziki. Lots of fruit, salad fixings, avocado, and crusty bread on hand. I'm sure I'll find something to eat for dinner.

There's so much food in the fridge, I think it may explode. Did a lot of food shopping. In my travels, went to one of my fave huge markets- Ralph's, & always get a little carried away in the deli & make your own salad dept. Picked up some zucchinni pancakes, crab cakes, bow tie mozzarella/tomato salad, a veggie pasta salad, a huge half of an eggplant stuffed w red and green peppers, pine nuts, & herbs, a side of brown rice & mixed veggies, crab salad. Cooked up some Omaha's chicken & veggie kebobs and beef kebobs with teriyaki sauce & put it in the freezer - may add couscous zukes & tomatoes in a pita pocket w tzaziki. Lots of fruit, salad fixings, avocado, and crusty bread on hand. I'm sure I'll find something to eat for dinner.

Think you could feed all of us !! What choices - yum - Good shoppin' Any.

:)Stuffed bell peppers filled with spanish rice and pork.Not much else as DH is guiding elk hunts right now so he's not home to eat.Im also dehydrating a pile of tomatoes with a bit of sea salt smells really good

Dh just got home, so we'll eat soon. I'll have crusty bread, brie, grapes and a glass of wine. DS is at a friend's house and dh is having the saltimbocca he missed last night because he had to work late.

I decided to repeat what I had last night, with a couple changes (It's just me during the week, otherwise I wouldn't have repeated so soon). Last night I sprinkled True Lime on chicken thighs and covered with a coating of honey. It was good, but much of the flavor was in the skin (I only eat the skin if it is really crisp, and it wasn't). So tonight I removed the skin first, and I wrapped the thighs in foil. They turned out really good.

:)Barbara

:)Stuffed bell peppers filled with spanish rice and pork.Not much else as DH is guiding elk hunts right now so he's not home to eat.Im also dehydrating a pile of tomatoes with a bit of sea salt smells really good

:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy: I faintly hear the Twilight Zone theme - I'm making stuffed peppers tomorrow night for the Elk's Lodge - - - - :LOL:

Think you could feed all of us !! What choices - yum - Good shoppin' Any.

Thanks Barb. Come on over! The stuffed eggplant was really good!! Note to self - Rule #1 - never shop when hungry. :pig:

Last edited:
i.c., i love peas on an italian pasta dish. do you use freshly shelled or frozen peas? also, baby peas, or what i call army peas?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom