What's cooking 11/13/10?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Meatloaf or swedish meatballs is the plan BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTT you never know!! LOL

Plans yet?

Grilled ham and Gruyere on 12 grain bread.

Lunch will be BBQ shredded pork with more Hoisin on Rye toast.

Or vice versa:chef:

We'll be having mini-meatloaves. I'll steam some broccoli to go with. Haven't really decided on starch yet. However, I'm considering a red wine cranberry reduction for the meatloaves so maybe a pasta to soak up some sauce. Same red wine as in the sauce will be for drinking too. Not sure if it will be the Rioja or Shiraz tonight. Decisions, decisions...

I'm planning on doing 3 racks of spareribs, mashed potatoes, roasted carrots and asparagus, and bbq beans this evening. I have several people coming over to watch the boxing match on PPV tonight.

The plan for tonight is Quick Braised Pork Chops with a Balsamic Glaze, Spaghetti Squash with Browned Butter and Parmesan and Roasted Asparagus. Completely subject to change as my husband comes home from a business trip in the early afternoon and may be starving. Those times usually result in a big meal for him ASAP and then snacking in the evening hours.

Leftover roasted chicken, risotto using stock from that chicken's carcass and the herbs still lingering in the garden, and fresh green beans almondine.

Rib steaks with blue cheese hotel butter. Mushroom gratin (recipe from veggie section. can't wait to try this one)..grilled onion halves marinated in balsamic vinegar and herbs. Steamed broccoli, and some South African Cab Sav...day off today. life is good.

Peace!

Off to a 60th birthday party tonight. On the menu is my chili with the fixins, Italian sausage and peppers and other stuff.

I am pretty sure it will be Swedish meatballs (loosely based on my aunt's Swedish MIL recipe), egg noodles with butter & chives and steamed, buttered carrots.

Since I didn't get my traditional birthday dinner, and since we went to our friends' house yesterday, I am finally making the lasagna tonight. I'm thinking about making two and freezing one for later. We LOVE homemade lasagna.

:)Barbara

i have leftover stuffing and spinach soufflé. also in fridge is some deli sliced smoked turkey. will use in stuffing. also honey-butter baby carrots. stuffing not so healthy but the veggies are.

Chicken and cornbread stuffing casserole with green beans. Might throw some bacon in with the green beans to entice dh. He hates cooked veggies. Will eat them raw though.

Tonights our date night. Not sure if hubby will be making me dinner then out for drinks or go out for dinner & drinks. Either way, sounds good to me!

Rib steaks with blue cheese hotel butter. Mushroom gratin (recipe from veggie section. can't wait to try this one)..grilled onion halves marinated in balsamic vinegar and herbs. Steamed broccoli, and some South African Cab Sav...day off today. life is good.

Peace!

Here you go. Made some changes. First and formost, the mushroom gratin was amazing, and I fried the onions, and made tomatos au Provinciale. Baked Yukon Gold potatos with full fat sour cream.(let 'er rip)
We had some St Agur cheese as an accompanyment for the steak and ended up going for the French Visan, Cotes du Rhone. Our neighbor just banged on the door to invite us to their backyard fireplace. I can barely move...

Attachments

• 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    181.7 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:
Here you go. Made some changes. First and formost, the mushroom gratin was amazing, and I fried the onions, and made tomatos au Provinciale. Baked Yukon Gold potatos with full fat sour cream.(let 'er rip)
We had some St Agur cheese as an accompanyment for the steak and ended up going for the French Visan, Cotes du Rhone. Our neighbor just banged on the door to invite us to their backyard fireplace. I can barely move...
That looks YUMMY!!

Swedish Meatballs (For the meatballs – Ground beef, fresh bread crumbs, finely chopped onion, egg, salt, pepper & mustard. For the sauce - cream of mushroom soup, sliced fresh mushrooms, milk, water, beef bouillon, sour cream, mustard & chives.), egg noodles with butter & parsley and steamed, buttered carrots coins.

img_937291_0_ea32b31843fcf0a89d0ca3d3256b1868.jpg

Back
Top Bottom