What's Cooking August 15, 2014?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zhizara

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
I picked up a package of flour tortillas and will use them to make enchiladas for dinner.

I know flour tortillas aren't usually used for enchiladas, but I don't care for corn tortillas.

My plan is to stuff them with refried beans, taco meat and cheese, and bake them without sauce until toasted, before adding the enchilada sauce and maybe more cheese on top.

What are you having for dinner?

I've had some pork marinating since yesterday for a Pinoy Pork Barbeque. I'm making a Thai cucumber salad and grilled pineapple to go with it.

I'm about to grill some veggies to make maque choux, which has a lot of Mexican flavors. Then I'll make tomatillo-avocado salsa and do something with the leftover taco meat from the other day. Maybe quesadillas with cheddar cheese.

Homemade pizza's on the menu tonight. Loads of cheese, pepperoni, bacon and sausage are the toppings.

We'll also be finishing the salad and watermelon from last night.

A trip out to the garden...I have beans, cabbage, zucchini, lettuce, beets, kale, chard, carrots, peas. I guess I'm having another monster salad. Picked up some yellow plums, guess I will add some of those for variety.

A trip out to the garden...I have beans, cabbage, zucchini, lettuce, beets, kale, chard, carrots, peas. I guess I'm having another monster salad. Picked up some yellow plums, guess I will add some of those for variety.

Do you have a favorite dressing, or does that vary with with the harvest?

Grilled tuna steak, new potatoes (which we've been eating a lot of lately), and a bottle of homemade Minnesota LaCrescent wine. Mrs. K said "We're having a yellow dinner!" I didn't realize it at the time I was making it but, yes, it does have a definite yellow hue.

img_1380811_0_d2654e928ea144993432d577a4d12232.jpg

I'm about to grill some veggies to make maque choux, which has a lot of Mexican flavors. Then I'll make tomatillo-avocado salsa and do something with the leftover taco meat from the other day. Maybe quesadillas with cheddar cheese.

I decided on the quesadillas. I added chopped tomato and minced cilantro to the maque choux. Need a new name for that.

Attachments

• 1408155191254.jpg
    1408155191254.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 169
Finally ate the meatloaf made on Wednesday that was intended for dinner on Thursday. Just like a fine wine, it got better with age. ;) Mixed baby greens with mushroom, black olive, hard-cooked egg, tomatoes and mozz cheese. Sides were green beans, beets, and mashed potatoes. We'll be finishing up the last of the blueberry grunt in a bit. I gave my SIL and her hubby a good-sized slab, along with the recipe. I wasn't going to make that recipe again (I prefer a different one for a blueberry buckle) and thought she might use it since Himself referred to the finished product as a "blueberry delivery system". :LOL: My BIL likes blues no matter how they're cooked, AND he has a sweet tooth the size of TX. All I know is it was way too sweet.

Attachments

• 2014-08-15 22.15.19.jpg
    2014-08-15 22.15.19.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 158
Back
Top Bottom