What's Cooking for Sunday, April 15, 2012?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
DebLynn said:
Made seared sea scallops and asparagus. I planned to do them in a teriyaki glaze, but when I taste tested one I decided they were just right without anything extra.

That looks ReaLLy good.

Welcome to DC HelloKitty from SC.

Carnitas and rice. Fresh veggie tray on the side.

Breville Pie Maker mini pies for dessert. Choice of chocolate or coconut.

Nice cornbread! My DH doesn't care for it (he has problems, I know), so whenever we go out for bbq, I get to eat both mine and his!

Welcome, HelloKitty (love your name- I collect Hello Kitty stuff!)

View attachment 13508

Made seared sea scallops and asparagus. I planned to do them in a teriyaki glaze, but when I taste tested one I decided they were just right without anything extra.
drool.gif

that looks so yummy! I haven't had scallops in sooooo long.. I think it's been too long!

I am making chicken-noodle soup, because I thought it was going to be a crappy day. It turned out be sunny, and I would have thought of something else.

Last edited:
I made a deep casserole of baked beans today using some leftover spare ribs. It's suprising how much meat you can shred off the bones. I tossed the bones in for flavor too. I'm Wishing there was some cornmeal in the house-- Corn bread would be a nice addition to supper.

Kathleen made us dinner in the tagine.. with a greek chicken recipe. Oh my was it good.. and fall apart tender.

Looks great VB!

We had Thai fish cakes with steamed asparagus. I used basa in the cakes and it worked out quite nice. I have used cod and halibut but they were so expensive at the fish market and I am really starting to like basa.

Looks great VB!

We had Thai fish cakes with steamed asparagus. I used basa in the cakes and it worked out quite nice. I have used cod and halibut but they were so expensive at the fish market and I am really starting to like basa.

I had a taste of Hake, yesterday. Very mild. I didn't notice the price because we were on a mission...:rolleyes:

I had a taste of Hake, yesterday. Very mild. I didn't notice the price because we were on a mission...:rolleyes:
Never tried Hake. Price is not usually a factor, and really wasn't this time either as I wanted to try basa in my recipe. It gets mixed with red curry powder, cilantro, red pepper flakes and rice flour, so the fish has to be able to hold its own and this really did! It must have worked because DH had 8 and was considering going back for 3rds! I am having problems eating with my throat acting up again but dipped in Thai sweet chile sauce they went down nice! :)

Never tried Hake. Price is not usually a factor, and really wasn't this time either as I wanted to try basa in my recipe. It gets mixed with red curry powder, cilantro, red pepper flakes and rice flour, so the fish has to be able to hold its own and this really did! It must have worked because DH had 8 and was considering going back for 3rds! I am having problems eating with my throat acting up again but dipped in Thai sweet chile sauce they went down nice! :)

The Hake was nice and firm, about a one inch cube. I think it would hold up nicely, not turning to mush. Does sound good!

Our dinner meetup group went very good tonight, but I'm completely bummed that I forgot to snap a photo of the meal. I did, however, get a good shot of the aftermath. Did I mention that this group likes wine? This was for 8 people. :LOL:

img_1129339_0_e01d3ffe446c2938c60d1f0d75c23ed6.jpg

Back
Top Bottom