What's Cooking for Sunday, April 15, 2012?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steve Kroll

Wine Guy
We're having guests over tonight for our quarterly dinner meetup. So, a little fancier than usual this evening. Since we're hosting, we're contributing the main course.

I'm making pan seared duck breasts with a chipotle blood orange reduction sauce, and oven roasted sweet potatoes with ancho chile and lime.

Hmmm...good question. I'm thinking of going freezer diving.

Chicken Lo Mein with orange glazed chicken breast.

Last edited:
Pineapple fried rice and ham. We will be eating ham for awhile...

Still home, but planing on going to store pick couple-three good stakes, maybe some hamburgers and grill. Side of baked potato and salad. Hope tornado is going to go around us.

I took a pork shoulder roast out of the freezer and already have my mess in place (mise en place) for Chipotle Pork with two adjustments; I am replacing the honey with agave nectar because it's easier to work with and I am using turkey broth instead of chicken broth because I have some I have to use up. The pork will be accompanied by red beans and rice, and a Southwest Caesar salad.

If my butt doesn't thaw out in time I have some leftover meatloaf and mashed potatoes in the back of the refrigerator, and some petite white corn in the freezer as a backup. I'll open a bottle of Zin to go with the chipotle pork, but I think an Italian Barbera will go better with the meatloaf.

I don't exactly know yet. I just made my best ever Mexican Cornbread that smells just OUT of THIS WORLD! So whatever we have - it'll be wrapped around this aromatic discovery that has us drooling. Even Chester the cat is acting like I slipped some catnip in it. Poor Kitty will be so disappointed to learn of the Jalopenoes that went into it. A friend gave me this recipe & I am sooo very grateful!

Last edited:
This cornbread is so moist on the inside with that nice crisp iron skillet crust.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120415_150531.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120415_150531.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 165
  • ForumRunner_20120415_151908.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120415_151908.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_20120415_151422-1.jpg
    IMG_20120415_151422-1.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 160
  • ForumRunner_20120415_152100.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120415_152100.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 168
Sir_Loin_of_Beef said:
I took a pork shoulder roast out of the freezer and already have my mess in place (mise en place) for Chipotle Pork with two adjustments; I am replacing the honey with agave nectar because it's easier to work with and I am using turkey broth instead of chicken broth because I have some I have to use up. The pork will be accompanied by red beans and rice, and a Southwest Caesar salad.

If my butt doesn't thaw out in time I have some leftover meatloaf and mashed potatoes in the back of the refrigerator, and some petite white corn in the freezer as a backup. I'll open a bottle of Zin to go with the chipotle pork, but I think an Italian Barbera will go better with the meatloaf.

Ooh, Sir Loin! C&P! Thanks!

Hope your butt thaws.

Pretty cornbread, FA!

Last edited:
Sir_Loin_of_Beef said:

If my butt doesn't thaw out in time I have some leftover meatloaf and mashed potatoes in the back of the refrigerator, and some petite white corn in the freezer as a backup. I'll open a bottle of Zin to go with the chipotle pork, but I think an Italian Barbera will go better with the
meatloaf.

Oh that meal does sound amazing. I love agave nectar. I use it all the time. I especially like it in my tea, but also makes a good base or additive for home made hot wing sauce & many other things.

Thanks Dawgluver. I am so excited! It turned out perfect.

Charlie: hope that tornado misses you.

Hey guys I'm new here but I figured I get started and jump right in on replying to posts and such! On my menu tonight I'm making Pork and String Bean Stir Fry! Hope everyone's dishes comes out perfect and delectable!

image-1223360124.jpg

Made seared sea scallops and asparagus. I planned to do them in a teriyaki glaze, but when I taste tested one I decided they were just right without anything extra.

My 7 year old insisted on us roasting hotdogs on a stick over the gas grill :) so thats what we had!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom