What's cooking for Tuesday Oct.11th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just brought home a Costco rotisserie chicken. I'll make some pilaf and add a veggie for dinner tonight.

Good question. GF just left for Paris with my sister so I am holding down the fort here at the deli. We've got a school board catering gig tomorrow so I'll probably just jam something in my mouth while working late this evening. Lettuce wrap or fire a small piece of meat on the grill before I shut it off for the day...

Mexican chicken salad. Craig is grilling the chicken for this and for another meal as well as I type this. Lettuce is torn up and is in fridge getting super crisp with just a bit of the water it was washed with. All the goodies are prepped and ready to go, tomatoes, green onions, corn nibs, queso fresco, bacon. Homemade ranch with salsa added is made. The avocado needs to be sliced but I won't do that until ready to eat. I think Craig has decided to microwave a couple of yukon golds and cut them up to add in.

Stubbornly resisting the end of the garden and will have BLTs. This should just about do it for ANYTHING from the garden...no matter how deep I dig or how hard I look. As a side, we'll have homemade pickled green tomatoes (canned from another year's garden), along with the usual iced tea.

I am doing something with Italian Sausages but don't have a clue what yet.

I ended up just roasting the sausages and served them with baked potatoes, cucumbers, and tomatoes.

I just had half a sausage, a small potato, and cucumbers. My allergy to tomatoes is back.

I'll have a fishburger later.

Roasted some drumsticks and mixed up some stove top stuffing and microwaved some green beans. I didn't get off work until 4pm and had to hit Kroger on the way home so it had to be something kind of quick and easy tonight.

So far, Stovetop Stuffing and green beans from the garden. I have a rescued piece of ham from the freezer fiasco I plan to shave on the mandoline. Maybe later.

A deli wrapped Italian and provalone sandwich from the supermarket. I shopped for a lot of groceries, came home, put stuff away, froze up portions of meat, cut up vegetables for storage, cleaned up. I didn't feel like starting a dinner. :neutral:

Last edited:
I am doing something with Italian Sausages but don't have a clue what yet.

Hello !! I'm from Italy and I can suggest you one of my favourite plate.." Risotto with sausage".
You have to do a fried with onions, carrots and celery, then add rise and Slowly cook with meat broth.

Italian sausage

I'm from Italy and I suggest you to coock "Risotto with sausage" one of my favourite plate. You have to do a fried with onion, carrots and selerycut into small pieces that will melt during cookin . After ten minutes add rice and sausage into small pieces. :chef::chef::LOL:

Hello !! I'm from Italy and I can suggest you one of my favourite plate.." Risotto with sausage".
You have to do a fried with onions, carrots and celery, then add rise and Slowly cook with meat broth.

Thanks, Hellen. I haven't made risotto in years. That would be good with the sausage, specially with the vegetables in with the rice. I will try it next time for sure! We have the sausages quite often and I like to change it up sometimes.

A pic of our Mexican chicken salad. BTW, the red on the chicken is from the spices, it was done. Didn't look that red in real life.
37240-albums1041-picture6709.jpg

Back
Top Bottom