What's Cooking for Wednesday January 11th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not so Reuben Reubens...I had some of the rye bread left over, sliced that thin, thin slices of smoked gouda, ham, and since I couldn't open the sauerkraut, dill pickle slices, and home-made Russian dressing. Yum.

I had a 11 oz. sirloin, baked potato, and salad at the Texas Roadhouse. The food was pretty good, the service was poor. I was at the bar, and the bartender/waitress pretty much ignored me. I was the only one at the bar, and I sat there for 10 minutes with an empty glass.

Cold and Rainy today, so I conducted a Scavenger Hunt in the fridge. This is what I came up with. Hearty Vegetable Soup. I added some macaroni to this bowl.

View attachment 12808

Last edited:
I had no idea, so you inspired me, Patty! Spelunked some veg soup here too!

I officially have strep throat. So THAT's what is causing my throat to feel like I am swallowing razor blades. :mad:

I tried some creamy scalloped potatoes but even though they were soft and tender they felt like rocks going down. I tried apple sauce for my pills but the acid made it string. Next I am going to try some Kraft Deluxe Macaroni and Cheese. :ermm:

The best things to get down me - rooibos chai lattes made with soy! No nutrition, but it doesn't hurt! :rolleyes:

DH is making a gluten free ham and pineapple pizza using ketchup as the sauce. :huh:

Spaghetti with a rustic meat sauce. Steamed broccoli and garlic bread

image-3474068541.jpg

I officially have strep throat. So THAT's what is causing my throat to feel like I am swallowing razor blades. :mad:

I tried some creamy scalloped potatoes but even though they were soft and tender they felt like rocks going down. I tried apple sauce for my pills but the acid made it string. Next I am going to try some Kraft Deluxe Macaroni and Cheese. :ermm:

The best things to get down me - rooibos chai lattes made with soy! No nutrition, but it doesn't hurt! :rolleyes:

DH is making a gluten free ham and pineapple pizza using ketchup as the sauce. :huh:
Feel better--ice cream always worked for me (I was prone to strep throat when I was in my teens)...milk shakes...power shakes.

Back
Top Bottom