What's cooking, good-looking? June 7, 2020

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kathleen

Cupcake
I've made grape leaves with lemon-egg sauce and Pineapple Upside-down cake. The grape leaves have minced lamb, rice and herbs. Sadly, I only had one can of pineapple!

Attachments

• 2020-06-07 12.40.47.jpg
    2020-06-07 12.40.47.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 86
  • 2020-06-07 11.58.03.jpg
    2020-06-07 11.58.03.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 63
We were supposed to have grilled homemade pizza, but change of plans.

Craig had:
THE FRIENDLY GHOST
8oz custom blend ANGUS 1855 patty with our housemade ghost pepper pineapple jam, ghost pepper jack cheese, our housemade pineapple chutney, candied bacon, served on a seeded challah bun.

I had:

SERENITY BLEU
AKA BUFFALO BLUE CHEESE BRGR.House blend BRGR marinated in our buffalo sauce grilled and topped with Dutch blue cheese, lettuce, tomato and red onion.

We both had a side of onion rings.

Tonight's dinner will be charcoal grilled, bone-in ribeye, TaterTots and glazed carrots. A nice cold Sam Adams will wash it all down.

Air-Fried Slab-o-Ham, Cabbage, Air-Roasted Yukons, Boiled Carrots... Salad, of course, with Ken's Russian...

Ham & cabbage.jpg

We were planning on grilled burgers, but we are both klutzes today and cooking doesn't seem like a safe activity. So, we ordered from the local Greek pizza place. DH had a platter with two giro pitas. I had a two stick souvlaki platter. That hit the spot.

Tonight's dinner will be charcoal grilled, bone-in ribeye, TaterTots and glazed carrots. A nice cold Sam Adams will wash it all down.

Tried something new with the steak. Grilled it over charcoal on the Weber and turned the steak once a minute until done. It came out great. Evenly cooked, nice char and delicious!

Attachments

• A021992C-48D7-4C20-842C-C57BB6D6248E_1_201_a.jpg
    A021992C-48D7-4C20-842C-C57BB6D6248E_1_201_a.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 67
I'm so glad to see you {{Kathleen}} and your dinner looks delish...

We're having giant broiled bratwurst sandwiches on toasted Bollilo rolls with leftover pineapple salsa and potato salad.

Sam Adams sounds good, Andy. The steak looks great, I read about this method (serious eats?) and am glad to see how nicely it turns out.

KL, We have often thought about using bolillo rolls for sandwiches where crusty bread is wanted like hoagies, Italian or meatball subs.

One of the best desserts I know how to make is pineapple upside down cake. Looks delicious, Kathleen.

Tonight's supper is breakfast for dinner-- Biscuits and sausage gravy, soft scramble eggs ( a repository for extra gravy for me,) and extra biscuit buttered while still warm, then spread with raspberry preserves.

We stir fried veggies, bean threads and tofu with homemade garlic sauce last night.

My first time out visiting family in four months!! We took Vietnamese food over to my in-laws and my BIL came too. We were only out for a couple of hours but it was so good to see them face to face (no hugs though). I hadn't seen them in person for over 5 months because they had been down in Palm Springs. We talk on the phone a couple of times a week but it isn't the same.

Back
Top Bottom